Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strela1

A new customer... I have a couple questions

Hello,[[A few hours ago I posted the (almost) the same post as below, but now I'm unable to find it, there goes a second try]] - Sorry for the repost. ________________________________Since a few days ago I am a new costumer of this great product, the FS2Crew for Leonard's Maddog.For the time being I haven't been successful in making my F/O understand me, for all the commands I say he keeps doing something else or read-backs something that has nothing to do with what I say.Same goes for the cabin crew.I thought that the voice recognition is not working properly due to the headset (I have tried two different headsets for now).Then I thought it may be the region thing. My computer was bought in Spain, thus the settings are accordingly set to this region.I understand that it must be set to US region (the settings via the Control Panel), but I was feeling uneasy because I wasn't sure of the effect/impact of changing this setting on the rest of programs and settings of my PC. Is this correct?When I speak (just as APU power is on the buses), erroneous interpretations of what I say keep appearing on the green band. When I go to the Control Panel, I see an icon named ''Voice'' in Spanish. When I double-click on it a window titled 'Voice Properties' comes up showing ''Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1''According to the manual, I downloaded the ''SAPI Developer Sampler Engine'' It is what I use setting it as default before using FS9. However, The Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1 allows voice training while the SAPI does not. Is this normal? Regarding this which one must I use?I downloaded and installed SpeechSDK51.exe as per the manual.I use Windows XP, here is some info about my PC, I'm sorry it comes in Spanish but I think you'll get the picture:Nombre del sistema operativo Microsoft Windows XP Home EditionVersión 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Compilación 2600Fabricante del sistema operativo Microsoft CorporationFabricante del sistema Packard Bell NECModelo del sistema 00000000000000000000000Tipo de sistema X86-based PCProcesador x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3391 MHzBIOS Versión/Fecha Award Software International, Inc. 20f, 23/01/2005Versión de SMBIOS 2.3Directorio de Windows C:\WINDOWSDirectorio del sistema C:\WINDOWS\system32Dispostivo de inicio \Device\HarddiskVolume2Configuración regional EspañaCapa de abstracción de hardware Versión = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"Zona horaria Hora estándar romanceMemoria física total 1.024,00 MBMemoria física disponible 326,91 MBMemoria virtual total 2,00 GBMemoria virtual disponible 1,96 GBEspacio de archivo de paginación 2,40 GBArchivo de paginación C:\pagefile.sysAlso, all refueling options are unable via the Ground Crew. Maybe it should be this way, I'm not sure.Any help on this matter/s is greatly appreciated.Thank you for taking the time and for having the talent to create such an amazing software. The truly sick simulator enthusiasts as myself that it is like a dream come through.Greetings from Barcelona, Spain!Kind regards,Alex

Hi Alex,If using XP, you only need to install SAPI via the link in the manual.You don't need to change anything else to English - US.Only Vista/Win 7 users need to do that.Make sure you run the voice training on the SAPI page in the Control Panel.I suspect that's the issue. Also I recommend using a USB headset; they tend to work best.Assuming your accent isn't too strong, you should get good voice recognition results.You should also check your mic sensitivity.We have Japanese users and their accents work fine with the software.You should see what the speech recognition hears in the Green Bar on top the screen. Refueling options: Not controlled via voice.

Works great Bryan!!I've have it now working great, I had the wrong selection on the Voice properties dialogue window (the one accesible via the Control Panel).Awesome stuf!!Thank you for your fast reply, I will recommend this program to everyone!!Very happy!Cheers!Alex