Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Why does "Fly Now" crash at autogen

I assume that somewhere I have installed a file that is causing trouble `cos after pressing "Fly Now"on any free or saved flight, FSX starts to load up but when it gets past loading terrain data and comes to autogenit crashes and I can1`t figure out how I can cure the problem.Any suggestion woil be gratefully acceptedMany thanksGeorge

Guest jahman

Post the CTD info so we can take a look.Cheers,- jahman.

Hello all. Sometimes I can load and fly a ok other times this happens. The load goes thru to 100% then crashes and I get the stupid send error to microsoft screen.How do I paste a bmp of the screen shot?Thanks

Guest jahman

It's not the image of the screen that's of interest, but the error in the Windows Event Log (Control Panel, Computer Maintenance, Programs, Error History).Cheers,- jahman.

Guest jahman

Only available under Vista and 7.Cheers.- jahman.

Win XP: Help&Support, Tools, System information, Advanced Information, Error log

Bert

Guest jahman
Win XP: Help&Support, Tools, System information, Advanced Information, Error log
Do you get the XP event log showing as much info as the Vista/7 logs?Cheers,- jahman.

Two things you can try. First your logbook file (Logbook.BIN) may be corrupt, try deleting or renaming the extension. (I usually do the later - I never delete anything!!) You can find it in the FSX file sub folder in your My Document folder. If that don't work try the same for the fsx.cfg file, and let FSX rebuild it. You'll have to edit in any tweaks you have done before.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I haven't done any tweaks to my fsx.cfg. If I rename my logbook i will loose all my flight time correct? The windows event did not show anything for the crash. It happened again this am. Started ok pretrip Mooney and set up radios etc taxi to rwy change time zone from day to night for night flight. When it did its loading scenery etc it got to 100 then crashed to desktop. Did manual restart and it went right in and I did a flight from LNS to PNE no problem. Seems like random event. Poss vid card problem? using nvidia 8400gs. If it is what would be a good vid card? Need pc express. Thanks Dan

Ok renamed logbook and fsx.cfg. Loaded the sim, selected my last flight which I saved. Loaded ok changed time from night to day and it did the same thing. Thanks Dan