Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Southwest Airlines circa 1998

JokersWild sorry for offtop on your thread, but I just read your signature. I lmao'ed so freakin' hard :D:D:D. Good stuff :D

The old style.. When the canyon blue livery came out, at first I still preferred thedesert brown. Thought the blue looked kinda funky. But I got used to the blue,and now prefer the blue over the brown. :/ Tastes change I suppose.BTW, hate to be a spoil sport, but that color is off.. Your version is too yellow.Needs to be more brownish..I don't have any big pictures at hand, but this is a repaint I did for a 737-500for FS2000.."thumbnail only" That's fairly close to the brown color used..sw.jpgBut don't feel too bad.. I felt PMDG's canyon blue is too dark.. Both the blue andthe red/orange tones..Needless to say, I done changed it.. I see these planes all the time in real life,including the old brown ones when they were around, so I'm kinda picky I guess.I take a lot of pictures of them at Hobby.This is what my 700 looks like.. Not quite as dark as PMDG's original livery..One can compare mine to the picture in this article.http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/news/southwest-starts-using-rnp-procedures-11-airports-0111In real bright sun, the blue will look even lighter as it reflects a lot of light.My 800 has the same color tweak, but I'm flying the 700 for now until the 800'sare actually used next year.700-5.jpg

The old style.. When the canyon blue livery came out, at first I still preferred thedesert brown. Thought the blue looked kinda funky. But I got used to the blue,and now prefer the blue over the brown. :/ Tastes change I suppose.BTW, hate to be a spoil sport, but that color is off.. Your version is too yellow.Needs to be more brownish..I don't have any big pictures at hand, but this is a repaint I did for a 737-500for FS2000.."thumbnail only" That's fairly close to the brown color used..sw.jpgBut don't feel too bad.. I felt PMDG's canyon blue is too dark.. Both the blue andthe red/orange tones..Needless to say, I done changed it.. I see these planes all the time in real life,including the old brown ones when they were around, so I'm kinda picky I guess.I take a lot of pictures of them at Hobby.This is what my 700 looks like.. Not quite as dark as PMDG's original livery..One can compare mine to the picture in this article.http://atwonline.com...1-airports-0111In real bright sun, the blue will look even lighter as it reflects a lot of light.My 800 has the same color tweak, but I'm flying the 700 for now until the 800'sare actually used next year.700-5.jpg
That what I exactly thought about PMDG SWA 700.. I thought it was to dark for southwest.. And I as well who work in the airline industry see them every day I go to work... Is there any ways NM5K you can upload to avism the repaint of SWA you did with your color... I'm as well very picky about repaints...Carlitos Colon

The old style.. When the canyon blue livery came out, at first I still preferred thedesert brown. Thought the blue looked kinda funky. But I got used to the blue,and now prefer the blue over the brown. :/ Tastes change I suppose.BTW, hate to be a spoil sport, but that color is off.. Your version is too yellow.Needs to be more brownish..I don't have any big pictures at hand, but this is a repaint I did for a 737-500for FS2000.."thumbnail only" That's fairly close to the brown color used..sw.jpgBut don't feel too bad.. I felt PMDG's canyon blue is too dark.. Both the blue andthe red/orange tones..Needless to say, I done changed it.. I see these planes all the time in real life,including the old brown ones when they were around, so I'm kinda picky I guess.I take a lot of pictures of them at Hobby.This is what my 700 looks like.. Not quite as dark as PMDG's original livery..One can compare mine to the picture in this article.http://atwonline.com...1-airports-0111In real bright sun, the blue will look even lighter as it reflects a lot of light.My 800 has the same color tweak, but I'm flying the 700 for now until the 800'sare actually used next year.700-5.jpg
Thanks for the feedback, Mark. I've changed that color mix a dozen times and can't settle on one. I'll give it another go, now that I've had some rest and my eyes are "fresh".Your blue mix is great too. I agree about the stock version being a bit dark. Canyon blue will be version 3 of this plane!

Chris Hicks

how come you dont use one of the Ardvark (AIA) 737southwest for the color or a reference ...carlitos colon

Hey Chris - Just downloaded and tried to install this SWA livery from avsim. Whenever I select the file in the livery manager, it asks me if I want to re-install the PMDG house livery... Any thoughts?Cheers!

Hey Chris - Just downloaded and tried to install this SWA livery from avsim. Whenever I select the file in the livery manager, it asks me if I want to re-install the PMDG house livery... Any thoughts?Cheers!
Same here.