Sign in to follow this  
tango4

737 600/700 Placard Flaps Limit incorrect

Hi everyone !First of all, I just want to use this post to thank PMDG for this wonderful addon that has really set new standards of quality !!Here is my point.I have the NGX installed with SP1 and the 600/700 expansion. I did a fresh reinstall after the SP1 release.My problem is that in the 600 or 700 variant, the Flaps Limit Speed placarded below the gear handle are those of the 800/900 variant. I'm sure the VC is not an alias of some sort because I can see on the overhead the specific air conditioning panel of those variants.Just wanted to know if someone has this issue too, or if I did something wrong during my re install.Best regards to all.Charles MOULINLFPG ATC

Any help would be appreciated.All you have to do is launch a flight with a 600 or 700 and tell me what speed is written on the placard below the gear handle for Flaps 40.It is supposed to be written 155 on the 600, 156 on the 700 and 162 on the 800/900. (FCOM VOL 2 page 23/24/25).On mine, it is always written 162 on all the variants. (And the others speeds are also incorrect of course).Could any one check that and just tell me what you see, at least, I'll know if I'm the only one !Charles MOULINLFPG ATC

Structurally speaking all the NG series uses same wings, same rudder and stabilizer, and same fuselage (except for lenght), why should be a difference in the maximum speed?Flap load relief starts at 163Kts for all models (flap 40), 176kts for flap 30 setting, always for all models.so they are fixed maximum settings for the flap structure.I've not seen -7 and -600 placards, so I cannot tell you if they really differ as written on manual,

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Structurally speaking all the NG series uses same wings, same rudder and stabilizer, and same fuselage (except for lenght), why should be a difference in the maximum speed?Flap load relief starts at 163Kts for all models (flap 40), 176kts for flap 30 setting, always for all models.so they are fixed maximum settings for the flap structure.I've not seen -7 and -600 placards, so I cannot tell you if they really differ as written on manual,
Why would Boeing write them in their manual if it wasn't different?

Why would Boeing write them in their manual if it wasn't different?
Wings are the same, flap load relief speeds also, so it is possible to reach the limit speeds without damaging the plane. Structurally speaking.If speeds are different in the placard (that is not a real placard, but part of the panel cover) it is something related to pilots, that will not affect structure and airplane.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

And I might add that the speeds seem to be correct on the Pfd. If you drop flaps 40 on the 737-600 for example, the Red tape will start at 155 and not 162. So it's just the placard that seems to be wrong. Charles MOULINLFPG ATC

And i'm not trying to launch an engineering debate here. Either the placard is correct or not. I agree with Cory. If Boeing put ir in the manual, there might be a reason...So all I want to know is if other people see the wrong placard as I do or if it is related to a bas install on my part. Charles MOULINLFPG ATC

"The BBJ1 was similar in dimensions to the 737-700 but had additional features, including stronger wings and landing gear from the 737-800". This may shed a little light on the issue. Seems the BBJ and the 800+, has a beefed up wing to handle the increased weight. This may also change the way the wing handles stress from the flaps, which could be the reasons for the different limits. The additional weight may have required the flaps to be used at a higher speed. I'll check the type certification data for the NG.

On airliners dot net I found a picture of the -700 placard, and it differs from the -800, so the manual is right (as it is supposed to be).About the FSX, you are right, also on mine the placard is the same for all models (I checked the -600).Another issue to add to the list.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The placard for 600/700 in the NGX are incorrect for the flap 15 to 40 are incorrect, The flap 1 to 10 are correct.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Thanks for your answers guys !In that case, I think that's a bug then. I submitted a ticket to PMDG support. I'll keep you posted !Charles MOULINLFPG ATC

Apparently, it is confirmed as a bug and should be corrected in the next update.Thanks for your help guys.Charles MOULINLFPG ATC