Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Never Thought I'd Consider Converting....

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Microsoft is in trouble if they don't come with it concerning Flight. I'm thinking of switching myself...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Never could get x-plane to work good.JimCYWG

All of the eye candy they're showing off is great and makes me jealous, but at the core it's still X-Plane. X-Plane never has been accessible nor realistic for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Are they making a driving simulator? The only thing I liked about X-plane was doing shuttle missions.

If X-Plane 10 includes aircraft on par with the NGX in terms of cockpit detail and graphics, they could be a real contender.But X-Plane's problem has always been that the cockpits in their planes look like something out of FS98.And a lot of dev's are afraid to touch X-Plane, especially those that do boxes, because Austin likes to change the code frequently.Maybe X-Plane 10 will change all this?

If X-Plane 10 includes aircraft on par with the NGX in terms of cockpit detail and graphics, they could be a real contender.But X-Plane's problem has always been that the cockpits in their planes look like something out of FS98.And a lot of dev's are afraid to touch X-Plane, especially those that do boxes, because Austin likes to change the code frequently.Maybe X-Plane 10 will change all this?
You might be somewhat interested in the newest payware aircraft recently built for XP9 and XP10. If you go to any X-Plane website you will find links to aircraft developed and released within the past 12 months that all include high quality rendering, accurate systems, textures and lighting effects. You might be interested in a Bombardier Challenger 300 at $30 USD with systems modeled, high detailed cockpit and cabin. If the preview screens do not provide enough detail the "More pictures here" link will show you about 85 more pictures all unique to the different features of the aircraft. This is one example. You will also find quality ERJ-140 recently released, A330 and A340 just released. The newest Dash 8 400 is rich in features at around $40. Perhaps you like helicopters and would want the latest Bell 206B or Robinson R22.I'm guessing that the higher end aircraft would be the CRJ-200 by Javier Rollon with its 55 page tutorial, video tutorials, and 155 page manual. Each of these media fully illustrate and explain the simulated systems and properties of the aircraft. There are 5 pages dedicated to just the environmental control system. Also a few of the Carenado aircraft are available for current and future XP releases.The cockpits are far from FS98. I also believe a recent forum thread here describes the potential for PMDG to start development for XP10. If I remember accurately, two of their near term project/releases will be the 737 NGX and 747-400 for XP10. I hope this give you new consideration for XP.

Keith Guillory

Do you don't have to convert. You can have both simulators. Plus DCS for the A-10 Warthog. Fill your computer with quality!Regarding X-plane, take a look at this:

This is being developed for X-plane 9 but I'm told it will be even better in X-Plane 10 which has more features. I'll definitely be getting X-plane 10 if only for this aircraft. I think the X-plane developers and its add-on developers are more into simulation than gaming. Who knows what MS Flight will be like? There are fears that it will be another "Flight Unlimited" all controlled by Windows Live Games. It looks like MS are heading towards the gaming market, rather than simulation market. I'm not too hopeful, but then again, we should wait and see.If you love this hobby and FSX, as I do, then perhaps you should consider supporting X-plane and it's add-ons as well, as I do.

Who knows what MS Flight will be like? There are fears that it will be another "Flight Unlimited" all controlled by Windows Live Games. It looks like MS are heading towards the gaming market, rather than simulation market. I'm not too hopeful, but then again, we should wait and see.
There are some rumors that Flight will only allow Microsoft DLC, so no PMDG, CaptainSim, or whatever.

Ok I may be an old FS9er, but any sim that won't allow PMDG, iFly and Project Tupolev is of no interest to me. But each to his/her own.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I have always thought X-plane had the very real potential to surpass the MS Flight simulator range. But it never quite got there, maybe X-Plane 10 will change all that.For everyone who loves VC's, detailed systems, realism (and the CRJ 200):

and this is from 2 years ago in X-Plane 9. Based on that I can only imagine what will be possible in X-Plane10!!!There's been a slow but steady rise in the add-ons developed and available for X-plane (freeware and payware).
Ok I may be an old FS9er, but any sim that won't allow PMDG, iFly and Project Tupolev is of no interest to me. But each to his/her own.
Agreed! (especially on Project Tupolev!)

This might be a converting sim for me - *might* being the key word. I've never really liked the physics of X-Plane all that much. Will certainly give it a try though.