Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Never Thought I'd Consider Converting....

There are some rumors that Flight will only allow Microsoft DLC, so no PMDG, CaptainSim, or whatever.
That is just a fear. It would make no sense for them to do that. The worst that might happen is that M$ demand that add-on content is controlled by their DLC system, where they keep a percentage of the profits. However, I think Flight will be operated pretty much like Railworks is on Steam. It will have DLC, but remain open ended, allowing content to be added manually.The problem with Microsoft is they copy good ideas and make bad examples from them. They keep trying to provide solutions for everything but they do it badly. What worries me is stuff like ASE - will M$ force us to use their own crappy version that is not compatible with ASE? It wouldn't surprise me.Btw the way, FSX still a viable platform and my guess is that it has a good 5 years life in it -- unless M$ chose to ignore compatibility for it with Windows 8.
Ok I may be an old FS9er, but any sim that won't allow PMDG, iFly and Project Tupolev is of no interest to me. But each to his/her own.
It's a great pity that Project Tupolev didn't move over to FSX, I think.

It's a great pity that Project Tupolev didn't move over to FSX, I think.
For my FSXer friends (I don't do Flight Sim hate) yes it is. However I think they may have done a 154B version for FSX. Check the FSX forum.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

FSX and Prepar3D are my choices. From what I have heard Flight won't even come close to what I want. However, X-Plane10 is very interesting, so it can't be ruled out. If it is good enough, I could possiby jump, but the bar is very high!Kind regards,

For my FSXer friends (I don't do Flight Sim hate) yes it is. However I think they may have done a 154B version for FSX. Check the FSX forum.
Yup, FSX beta version of Tu-154B2 is available for download from Project Tupolev:http://files.protu-1...-154b2_fsx.html
..........The worst that might happen is that M$ demand that add-on content is controlled by their DLC system, where they keep a percentage of the profits. However, I think Flight will be operated pretty much like Railworks is on Steam.
I don't like Steam and other similar arrangements. A Microsoft DLC system would also be unacceptable for me.If Flight is anything remotely like that - well, I will be happy to continue using what I have now and there will also be X-Plane 10.

Great news about the Tupolev Project being available for FSX that is.

I don't like Steam and other similar arrangements. A Microsoft DLC system would also be unacceptable for me.If Flight is anything remotely like that - well, I will be happy to continue using what I have now and there will also be X-Plane 10.
Me neither, but I'm afraid that's the way things are going. Steam has been around for a long time and is probably the best of it's kind. Microsoft's answer to Steam -- Games for Windows Live -- is nowhere near as good nor as user friendly and tends to be slow logging in. You don't even notice logging on to Steam. I've had Steam almost since it began and it's worked fine.I see you're in Bulgaria, by the way. I was in Sofia last March with work, I enjoyed the visit. I especially enjoyed Supertrans cabs after initially getting ripped off by one of those expensive cab companies at the airport. The Happy restaurant on Georgi S. Rakovski road was one of our favourite haunts - loved the sausages there, and the Kamenitza beer. The gave me a Kamenitza beer glass when we left. We also visited the Pri Yafata restaurant on the last evening and that was also very nice./Jason

I tried X-Plane once back when it was $200 bucks. I flew it a day or two and never touched it again.I think we all feel that no matter how great a job they do on the living world, it's the airplanes we're paying for. I wouldn't expect them to have PMDG quality planes as defaults, but the ability for me to fly a super complex sim supersedes the scenery. I will assume that all this ground detail isn't at the cost of performance but my main concerns is the add on developers. ORBX/FSDT/PMDG etc..I will be buying X-Plane 10 though, with my fingers crossed the way.

Noah Bryant