Sign in to follow this  
dm123

The Living, Breathing World

Hypnotized.gif

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hah I was too slow. Nevertheless - here is my personal "best of":screen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-30-23-am.pngscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-06-07-am.jpgscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-04-55-am.jpgshot-king-air-b200_101.pngshot-king-air-b200_95.pngscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-10-04-am.pngStunning stuff. I just wonder what kind of computer is needed to run that.

Ok, I just nearly fell off my chair.I kept getting told "you ain't seen nothing yet". Now, I believe I have seen something.I don't like blasphemy, but holy S@&T.Now we just have to wait for the few nay sayers to start saying "there's too much detail."

Wow, I was already impressed.By the way does anybody know of any available XP10 sound previews yet?

Keith Guillory

Wow.. those look really impressive! It's still rather dystopian though.. i mean if Laminar is going down to this kind of detail, they might as well make sure they have some people here and there. That chair in the yard needs like a hot chick, for instance. that'd truly make it a living world.

Okay, I'm waiting for the next iteration of urban backyard shots to have dogs running around in the grass. How about a big Great Dane standing up and looking over the fence?

Keith Guillory

Yah and some cute birds in the trees... and a squirrel, and maybe some cats..did i mention chicks yet? we definitely need those :)

Wow.. those look really impressive! It's still rather dystopian though.. i mean if Laminar is going down to this kind of detail, they might as well make sure they have some people here and there. That chair in the yard needs like a hot chick, for instance. that'd truly make it a living world.
Dystopian? I understand that none of these shots are taken in well known locations or with tourists on vacation, but isn't it kind of hard to equate a clean empty back yard to a miserable or oppressed place?Maybe the XP10 World maker will allow us to design people and make them do whatever we want wherever we want to see them.Maybe the backyard is empty because the pet Rottweiler chased a would-be robber down the street?

Keith Guillory

lol ok dystopian was kindof a bad choice of word, but it does lack that last little touch of having people mill about. I mean some screenshots look like they could be from GTA4, the only difference being the lack of people.Mind you.. i'll be happy to fly this without people too.. i understand that it takes a lot of extra processor time to have them, and we already have alot of cars and planes, maybe even trains or boats, so there's a lot of life going on already. It's just that because those shots of the streets look so good that it made me feel like everyone seems to have left, as if it's some kind of post-2012 scenery.. lol.. which is realistic, since the world ends in 2012 anyway :)

lol ok dystopian was kindof a bad choice of word, but it does lack that last little touch of having people mill about. I mean some screenshots look like they could be from GTA4, the only difference being the lack of people.Mind you.. i'll be happy to fly this without people too.. i understand that it takes a lot of extra processor time to have them, and we already have alot of cars and planes, maybe even trains or boats, so there's a lot of life going on already. It's just that because those shots of the streets look so good that it made me feel like everyone seems to have left, as if it's some kind of post-2012 scenery.. lol.. which is realistic, since the world ends in 2012 anyway :)
The people aren't in their backyards because they're either inside or driving their cars to work and to the airport.tongue.png