Sign in to follow this  
dm123

The Living, Breathing World

If this sim. run as good as it looks .....FSX is dead in the water.
Not for me.. FSX will still be FSX. I never really get the attitude of having to choose between one or the other.. i'm happy to have both X-plane and FSX on my HD.. and i'm sure that later on Flight will be added too, since that also looks really promising.

Okay, I'm waiting for the next iteration of urban backyard shots to have dogs running around in the grass. How about a big Great Dane standing up and looking over the fence?
Shame%20On%20You.gif no dog $hit in my new XP-10 back yard.....

Thanks Alain - My perception of X-Plane has improved greatly with these. When are we going to see you on the FTX forums again LOLCheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Not for me.. FSX will still be FSX. I never really get the attitude of having to choose between one or the other.. i'm happy to have both X-plane and FSX on my HD.. and i'm sure that later on Flight will be added too, since that also looks really promising.
I understand what you mean BUT I think the immersion factor look a lot better in XP-10 (just my honest opinion) I just hate roads cutting thrue buildings, parking lots and baseball fields.....I also think that 3rd party dev. can only improve XP-10 with peoples, sounds and other stuff that can make XP-10 more alive......still....no dogs in my new back yard.

Yep 2012 is just around the corner. Anything to improve on the packs of deer in XP9 that jump the airport fence and run across the runway even when you are on the ground in a location that doesn't normally have deer. I'm sure that with my silly computer I will have to turn a lot of stuff off to really enjoy my flying. The one thing I like about XP9 is that if I am running too many settings, the software warns you and it makes scenery adjustments automatically. Unlike FSX that just crashes before you have a chance to reduce your settings.

Keith Guillory

Thanks Alain - My perception of X-Plane has improved greatly with these. When are we going to see you on the FTX forums again LOLCheersjja
Hawww! what a nice way to tell me that you'r missing me......wink.png

I understand what you mean BUT I think the immersion factor look a lot better in XP-10 (just my honest opinion) I just hate roads cutting thrue buildings, parking lots and baseball fields.....I also think that 3rd party dev. can only improve XP-10 with peoples, sounds and other stuff that can make XP-10 more alive......still....no dogs in my new back yard.
True.. but with some add-ons i think FSX also looks really great.. i still enjoy it a lot anyway, even if it takes forever to start because of all the addons.. lol. Still it's a lot of fun doing some low-leveling in a nice Orbx-scenery. The good news is that with XP-10 we might get something that picks up where FSX left off, in a sense. I really like these procedural cities, all the new shader tricks, the lighting, AI planes/ATC.. it's all really amazing and it promises a lot for the future.

Stunning stuff. I just wonder what kind of computer is needed to run that.
That's a very good question, especially with the frame rates in those screenshots running in the low 20's. Is that what those of us with decent rigs will be able to see on release day, or is that something to look forward to in a few years when the hardware has finally caught up?

Considering that FSX is several years old, was designed for last gen hardware, and has been essentially abandoned by its developer... if X-Plane can't beat that kind of competition then they're doing something seriously wrong.tongue.png

That's a very good question, especially with the frame rates in those screenshots running in the low 20's. Is that what those of us with decent rigs will be able to see on release day, or is that something to look forward to in a few years when the hardware has finally caught up?
Many people have "complained" that the X Plane 10 screenshots of 1 or 2 months ago looked too low res and that if Austin wanted to show it off, to pump up the detail. This has now obviously been done. It has also been said by Austin that todays top level hardware will most likely not be able to run X Plane 10 with maximum detail. So, these screenshots have been pumped up to maximum detail (or at least very close to it), and as a result, fps has suffered.I still remember FSX, out of the box when I first got it, sliders maxed out, I was lucky to get double digit fps.

Speaking of a living breathing world.. i remember Ben Supnik posting a video in which he showed off a Cirrus Jet with heat-blurr coming out of the exhaust.. Back then he said that they were experimenting with it. and still needing to finetune it and whatnot.. It looked pretty good back then, and i wonder if the effect will actually be in the release version. Anyone have any idea?I'm talking about this video: http://dev.x-plane.com/download/self_light.mov

The people aren't in their backyards because they're either inside or driving their cars to work and to the airport.tongue.png
Funny one Goran! Off to 'tailgate lessons', plus maybe inside, flying xplane? Freaking amazing shots eh?! At this rate we certainly won't need huge regional scenery packs, just the odd main landmarks.ALL the earlier suggestions are possible, only limited by time, resources and pc specs!But maybe my grass ideas for xplane weren't over the top after all, maybe 10 will run it even more efficiently! And since I've almost learnt animation, 'insect flow' will be out very soon LOL.gif .

I'll certainly use that pile of VB cans I once made, that'll look nice in the shaded backyard near the BBQ.

Several limitations will have to be developed past before FSX is dead in the water.As the base product though, XP10 has a lot to build upon. These screens are great.

Funny one Goran! Off to 'tailgate lessons', plus maybe inside, flying xplane? Freaking amazing shots eh?! At this rate we certainly won't need huge regional scenery packs, just the odd main landmarks.ALL the earlier suggestions are possible, only limited by time, resources and pc specs!But maybe my grass ideas for xplane weren't over the top after all, maybe 10 will run it even more efficiently! And since I've almost learnt animation, 'insect flow' will be out very soon LOL.gif .

I'll certainly use that pile of VB cans I once made, that'll look nice in the shaded backyard near the BBQ.
The grass is too long and it's the wrong shade of green. And there is no propwash affecting the grass from the helicopter.Whistle.gif (Sorry, I wanted to see what it felt like to unrealistically scrutinize and have extreme expectations at the same time)Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

The grass is too long and it's the wrong shade of green. And there is no propwash affecting the grass from the helicopter.Whistle.gif (Sorry, I wanted to see what it felt like to unrealistically scrutinize and have extreme expectations at the same time)Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
Wow, gee, thanks, as you just let me know what it feels like for a developer, having spent hours trying to get something to work, only to have it sniped at. Propwash animation coming in V2, together with the animated rolling VB cans with high-def glugging audio effects..