Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The sound of breaking

I dont mean to hijack this thread but my question is relaated to the sound of the NGX as well. from release time to now i found that the sound the engines make during a run up during taxi has changed. the subtle difference and how to describe the sound is quite hard , but when i now had the NGX the sound during run ups was 99% close to what you hear in the cockpit in RW. During the spool up you can hear the increase in the whine and at about 40%n1 you can hear a stifled engine sound as it gets quiet and then the trust is reduced. this is what is heard In RW and the NGX but lately in my NGX it doesnt sound the way it used to ( not as real as before) my FSX sliders has always been set to 50% all and i havent changed the sound settings in the NGX via the in flight interface. I also havent changed my view , im refering only to the FD. Any ideas or help?

Oups...of course I meant braking and not breaking :wink:I'm sure some addon developers add stuff that they think will add to the sensation of "realism" but in this case reason I asked about the sound from the brakes was that I actually heard that sound many times myself IRL but like has been said of course there's a difference depending on if you're in the cabin or in the cockpit and unfortunately I'm always in the cabin IRL although I would love to be upfront instead :(

Richard Åsberg

The way you behave on this forum, I am surprised you have not been deleted. Behave yourself.
Actually he seems very familiar to me, like he was previously banned using another user name.Jimmy Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

<irony>and while we're at it, where is the sound of that child screaming during descent, because his/her ear drums are about to explode?</irony>Seriously, the sound package on this is one of the best I have ever heard for an addon. The fact that certain sounds are not audible is quite simply because they are not audible in the real NG cockpit. Just because you might hear something related to braking in seat 12A doesn't necessarily imply that it is going to be heard up front. Great sounds for a great package. You get my vote for best commercial aircraft addon, regardless whose competition it is. Andrew

Thanks. I got bored at work and decided to re-teach myself a little Photoshop, and happened to be in a snarky mood because someone accused me of being one.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi All, I would imagine that the distance between the cockpit and the wing area where the noise of braking and reverse thrust occurs would be hardly audible as the sounds are travelling away from the cockpit and I think this is bourne out if you watch aircraft DVDs at the landing stage you hear very little in the cockpit, hence the ommision from PMDG, richard welsh.