Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

'Freemium' 757

The FMC does not function at all like an FMC , it can load a plan but that's about it.The MCP lacks Vnav and even Level change, so impossible to simulate flying the aircraft this is supposed to represent.
Key features of our F-Lite range...(btw the FMC has numerous features to aid F-Lite pilots)Your other points are subjective and we have had plenty of e-mails from customers who disagree.
A nice gesture from Just Flight to give this away, but what else could they have done given the state of it.
Sold it using a conventional pricing strategy - as we have done successfully with all previous F-Lite titles...

Martyn - Just Flight

You have summed it up perfectly Ernie! Our F-Lite range has been very successful (there is a signficant number of simmers who do not desire fully functioning CDUs!), and we are very interested to see how well the freemium concept will work in the FS world.
HelloOk I get it that some folk do not want fully working systems, but why would they be happy with this level of quality.If you want to sell liveries then at least supply a model with a VC which is as good as the default aircraft.Anyway good luck with it.

Thanks Mad dog - as for your question, you'll have to ask the thousands who have purchased previous F-Lite titles and are currently flying the 757. Each to their own biggrin.png

Martyn - Just Flight

I am not able to say anything about the 757 itself becausea) I am usually flying only much smaller planesB) I haven´t seen it in my fsx yet (d/l:ing now to have a look)but what I can say: this is a new business idea and that is great! We need new ideas like this!

Tried to download it last night and it timed out at about 90% after about 3 hours. I guess their bandwidth must be a bit streched at the moment.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I downloaded it but Just Flight expects me to register and demands my phone number and e-mail address before i could install it.Why doesn't Just Flight mention this reqirement on its download page?I've deleted it so I shall never know hoe good (or bad) it is.

The F-Lite line is aimed at the simmer who wants to do things a bit deeper than the default A/C allow. The 'Easy' FMC is aimed at people who dont want to program for 15 minutes before flying, but want a feel of loading a plan, fuel, weights and having it spit out V1 speeds, etc.For a basic FMC, it's pretty good. It not supposed to be exactly like a real FMC, as many people don't have the patience to learn how to use them.I've learned how, and a flight with a full FMC in FSX is rewarding, but to those who dont have the time to learn them, F-Lite is a good alternative.If a patch is in the works, though, can we have speed and altitude tapes on the PFD?, otherwise, nice work.

I downloaded it but Just Flight expects me to register and demands my phone number and e-mail address before i could install it.
Will not install it under such terms!

If you've ever bought from Flight1, they have the info, just login with your registered email addy, if you ever buy from them (online, at least) that's part of the buying process, iirc (Name, address, phone# and email)

Will not install it under such terms!
All you need to do is make a free account with them. It is not a huge deal.
Given JustFlight's history in distributing F-Lite products, this statement seems to make little sense.Some of you guys seem to be missing the concept entirely.Its an experiment, clearly aimed towards the 'F-Lite' customer.To them this is the type of product they want, very lite and very simple.Of course people will pay for liveries, people already do pay for Liveries asexpansion packs.People will download it, people will try it, and some of them 'will' purchasethe expansion packs. At 2 to 4 Euro's a per expansion pack, its not a bad deal.The only question is whether they will sell enough packs to make up for giving the basemodel away for free.Regards.Ernie.
The F-Lite line is aimed at the simmer who wants to do things a bit deeper than the default A/C allow. The 'Easy' FMC is aimed at people who dont want to program for 15 minutes before flying, but want a feel of loading a plan, fuel, weights and having it spit out V1 speeds, etc.For a basic FMC, it's pretty good. It not supposed to be exactly like a real FMC, as many people don't have the patience to learn how to use them.I've learned how, and a flight with a full FMC in FSX is rewarding, but to those who dont have the time to learn them, F-Lite is a good alternative.If a patch is in the works, though, can we have speed and altitude tapes on the PFD?, otherwise, nice work.
Both of you hit the nail on the head. It is an 'F-Lite' product. To some people here it would just be a waste of time and space as PMDG, CS or LD are more their style. But it is, of course, a matter of preference. By the way, I would like to rephrase what I said earlier: I like the fact that it has an FMC. The FMC itself is not very realistic, but it fulfills its goal of being 'Lite'. The only problem that I can find with the whole Freemium idea is that you have to buy liveries in packs of two. It would be much better IMO to have the liveries available individually for a smaller price ($1 each or something). I just dont like having to spend $4 to get a livery I want bundled with one I will never use. I also think that JF should make the fact that it is an F-Lite aircraft a little more clear on their site.One last thing: people on there seem to be judging it like it is a payware plane. It is freeware, and very good freeware if you ask me.(P.S., to the JF people on here: Will we be seeing more livery packs in the near future?)

All you need to do is make a free account with them. It is not a huge deal.
Why does JustFlight demand my personal information (telephone number and an email address) for a free download?Why doesn't JustFlight make it clear on its site that registration is required - rather than hiding the factuntil people have wasted time downloading?

I do not like it very much, the FMC does not have nearly the layout of the normal 757.

Well what do expect it is freeware and is not supposed to be an accurate systems model. Hence the F-lite name.

I think it's good for freeware. Not great, but a bit of fun and something new to play with. I have the QW 757 and comparing them is not a good idea. A free 757 in FSX with VC, sounds, FMC, EHSI, TCAS, and more? I'll take it and say thanks.Thanks JustFlight.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thought it was a great job by Just Flight. I personally don't want every livery and bought one for $1.99, I can buy a newspaper for that and throw it away couple hours later. I got the AA winglet and the 757-300 Thomas Cook model which makes me happy. I do have the PMDG 747 which was bought for $19.99 and it has better modeling and systems programming but that add-on is geared to a different audience. Also takes more time to learn or to fly and sometimes you want something to kill time with. Most part i enjoy the F-lite models, DC-10 has a weaker VC. A340 was i believe a FS9 port but could be wrong. Disagree that the default 737 is superior to the one in the 757, looks to be same quality. But the 737 has average sound set, lights that may be wrong or missing, basic flight dynamics. Do know that the 737 can changed but still nice to get quality product for free+$1.99. I believe people need to adjust their perception based on what the product costs. If a plane costs $50-75 US cost then the product should be superior in all regards but if it is $30, usually on sale at JF for half, then you receive a plane with some downgrades. I for one would still enjoy buying their Viscount, Constellation for half price is a bargain if still going on, future DC-6, and the Comet.