Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

With SP1 Tutorial Flight impossible !?

No problems flying the tutorial flight 1 without SP1. But with SP1 the 737 can not slow down enough. I have to use speedbrakes from 15 nm to SUGOL and than nearly the whole time. As I said: this problem occurs only using SP1. What have I made wrong?

If you have a bit of a tailwind during descent & didn't let the fmc know about it you'll have a hard time controlling speed. Not saying that's the problem, but it can happen.

Yes the tutorial doesn't go into programming winds into the fmc to give better predictions on TOD etc...that said I have found since sp1 that vnav descent is better...well it is until you get bellow 15k where it then seems to increase n1 idle values by too much, also same on approach n1 idle is still too high, making slowing down still a bit harder than it is in the real aircraft.That said, with significant tail winds you will still in real life need to use speed brakes or slow down earlier, and thus in the sim also.

Yes I understand, but there is no wind at all, both flights follow exact the tutorial, without SP1 no speedbrakes at no time, no problems to reach the computed velocity. With SP1 trouble from 15 nm to SUGOL up to landing... May be I have to go back to the basic installation.

I doubt it's the SP1, I bet it's the pilot. I don't mean to be rude, but as someone who teaches computer classes, it's very rarely an issue with the computer. Chances are, you're doing something different than you've done in the past.

Kyle Rodgers

May be. To find that out be so kind and make the tutorial flight with SP1 and compare with the text. It would really help solving my problem.

I've just flown the Tutorial flight again, I have SP1 installed, at no time did I need to use the speedbrakes and all the speed and altitude restrictions were met. A few things to check if it's not working for you:1. Is all weather cleared to give zero winds?2. Did you modify the route and restrictions as detailed in the tutorial?3. If you're using hardware to control the throttles is it interfering with the autothrottle resulting in too much power in the descent?Andy Lawton

That gives hope. Yes all done, no wind. I use the CH-Yoke and had trouble with the throttle in a forward position (stopped the TOGA run), therefore I pull the throttle back to idle after activating TOGA. The same did I without SP1 - no problem... Now I know that it is definitely possible to fly the tutorial with SP1 and without any problems. I am hopefull to get a solution...!

After deleting, cleaning and reinstalling PMDG, calibrating my CH yoke and pedals and with a new fsx.cfg and a new fsuipc.ini I made again the tutorial flight - same procedure as every time. I only managed the slow down by extending the landing gear just behind NIRSI, far too early... Does anyone have the same problem?