Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

More Bugs SP1

I have attempted to run SP1 (800/900) thru as many scenarios as I can remember that were problems before the SP. However, as pleased as I am now with the AT performance on GA and TO, I now have experienced several bugs that were not present on the RTM I had been flying before the SP1.1. Will not allow relative wpt creation as promised. E.G. Cannot create waypoint relative to RW13. Also cannot create rel wpt within Sid or Star. (This was same as in RTM)2. Would not allow Alt or Spd modification on user created wpt on Miss App procedure. (New Bug)3. Will not allow reload of saved FMC route. These are newly saved in SP1 & appear in database but will not reload. (New Bug)4. On IAN B/C approach GS indicator on PFD disappears. Still announcing B/C and GP but no indicator nor on ND. (New Bug)5. No GS OFF/ON option appearing in the Index page anymore unless ILS approach selected. (Did appear in RTM)6. Fatal error at 1000 agl on IAN approach to RW13 LKPR. (New to SP1)This last one is very troubling since I never had Fatal errors with the RTM on my system UNLESS I attempted to reload a situation with aircraft in climb/descent or approach. But I could reload if situation saved in level flight.Anyone else out there experiencing any of these phenomena? I have submitted trouble ticket.

Update on OP. I restarted situation from 100 nm out from airport and again flew my constructed BC approach using the database RNAV for 13 @ LKPR. This time I had no fatal error. No idea why it happened on original flight. Confirmed, however, that B/C and GP arm correctly when APP is activated and a GS indicator appears on the PFD and gradually moves down as it should BUT when GP is captured the GS indicator instantly disappears and remains so for the duration of the approach. It also does not appear on the ND as it did before in RTM version. Which is RW? FCOM says that an IAN could be flown as an ILS with same indications (Loc/GS) appearing. Not so with SP1.The most disturbing, however, is that I confirmed I cannot reload a saved FMC route file. An error initially appears across the top of the screen saying that "destination airport cannot be found in selected directory" On subsequent attempts to load the file no msg appears only "Invalid Entry" in the scratch pad. I don't understand the msg because the file is saved as a name which may or may not include a destination airport.Can anyone shed any light on this? I was never typed in B737 so I don't know what characteristics are real world or not. I am relying on you NG drivers who monitor this forum for input. Thanks.

Hi Craig !1. I have no problem in making RW13 waypoint as long as I put a minus sign after it. EG: RW13/-3 ( that said, it only allows me to make 1 !! )2.3. I have no problems saving and reloading a route as a company route.4.5. GS ON/OFF always appears on my approach page. ( if I have selected an ILS runway)6.Fred.

Thanks, Fred, for responding. I was hoping I could get an answer from one of you real drivers on these issues. I have not added the 600/700 but I have SP1 the same as you. I may not have tried the RW13/-3 format since I was trying to add an initial miss point AFTER the runway. Used the Localizer as ref instead. On my point 5, the question is whether the GS ON/OFF occurs when selecting another type of approach other than an ILS. It did so on the RTM so I did not know whether this was RW or just wrong setup on the RTM model. I do find that APP button now allows both CMD active as you had explained was RW.Big question is why you are able to recall a saved route as "company" and I get the error. Maybe the format to save has changed(?) I saved my route as MSQ-PRG which wouldn't reload and then I tried UMMS-LKPR and same problem. Either of these worked before SP1. Would these formats work RW, Fred?I noticed you did not answer a couple of my points in the OP. In RW NG, on an IAN is the GS indicator present in the ND APP mode as it is in a full ILS? Is it also displayed in the PFD ( I do not have side by side option )? I had Fail - OP Auto-land option if that makes any difference. Thanks.

1. You have to downselect the waypoint first I believe - you can't just type in RW13, it has no way of knowing what you mean by that.2. Can you give a specific example here? Everything I've tried with this has worked.3. Again, no idea here - everything I have works fine.4. A backcourse by definition does not have a glideslope - huh?5. This is how it is on the real airplane - what "GS" would you be turning on on a non-ILS approach exactly? GS On means specifically that - glideslope. Any other type of approach does not have a glideslope. "Glidepath" is the term for the IAN vertical guidance and that is what's used with an ILS if you set GS to OFF.6. I will have to test this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

1. You have to downselect the waypoint first I believe - you can't just type in RW13, it has no way of knowing what you mean by that.2. Can you give a specific example here? Everything I've tried with this has worked.3. Again, no idea here - everything I have works fine.4. A backcourse by definition does not have a glideslope - huh?5. This is how it is on the real airplane - what "GS" would you be turning on on a non-ILS approach exactly? GS On means specifically that - glideslope. Any other type of approach does not have a glideslope. "Glidepath" is the term for the IAN vertical guidance and that is what's used with an ILS if you set GS to OFF.6. I will have to test this.
Exactly what I needed -- your input, Ryan. Thanks for noticing the post.What I was referring to in #4 was that I was not just flying it as a B/C but had set it up in the FMC meeting the requirements (according to FCOM) to fly it as IAN. It correctly armed B/C and GP when I activated the APP button on intercept angle to approach course. It intercepted LocBC and gave me the needle centered in EFIS app mode in my ND. I could see a GP indicator moving down scale in the PFD but had no indication on my ND. FCOM seems to indicate that in an IAN I would get the same GS indicator needle and Localizer needle as in a full ILS and could fly it thusly. This is what I always was getting before SP1. This time, however, once the GP was intercepted and the a/c began descening on it, all indicators were gone accept the yellow B/C and GP were being annunciated in the PFD as expected. IOW, localizer course needle was being displayed in ND but not GS needle. Was it just wrongly implemented in the RTM? If so then the FCOM is misleading.Fred Steiner said that using RW13 for example as a reference worked for him if he used the format RW13/-3. I was aware that I had to select the waypoint first into the scratchpad and not type it in. I tried to add a waypoint beyond the runway as part of an alteration to the "miss" procedure. I tried RW13+3 and RW13124/+3 but didn't try RW13/+3 format. Maybe that would have worked.Why can't I reload a saved FMC plan? Is there a specific format that the plan must be saved in with SP1? I had no problem pre SP1 doing it just as I descrbed in my OP. What does the error message, "destination not found in selected directory" mean? I checked and it has correctly copied to PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/NGX directory as ".rte" file. Is something amiss there?As to item #6 in my OP, Ryan, don't bother trying to duplicate it. I reloaded my saved "approach" situation and reflew it including a completed miss from 100 nm out and had no "fatal error". I have also flown 5 other flights since SP1 and not had any issues so it must have just been a windows+FSX fluke.

Hi Craig !The runway waypoint creation that you are talking about is known as an Along Track waypoint.See page 3 of this thread for more info !In the NGX, there is a problem with them. ( using positive values )http://forum.avsim.n...al/page__st__50Fred.

In the NGX, there is a problem with them. ( using positive values )
I know there was a problem before but I thought it had been fixed. I have no problem just using a radial from the waypoint if I want to go in positive direction but the big issue again is that I thought we would be able to use relative waypoints and the RWXX was given as a particular example that now was going to possible (according to Robt). I guess it is if negative values. Oh, well, I am pleased that the Miss procedure sure works great now. That alone is worth the upgrade to SP1. Interested to hear more about your testing, Fred. Other than this waypoint issue, anything else still strangely different from the RW NG?Oh, BTW, I have successfully been testing the save and reload function and everything works perfectly with any other file, but somehow apparently I was saving corrupted files for MSQ-PRG. I reworked the plan from scratch from the same model and position as before and saved it and I was able to reload without any problems. Another Windows/FSX glych I guess. Again thanks.