Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

yoke for the pmdg

It's possible. I don't have a ch yoke to open up & find out.
I think i might take a look at the possibility because it sure isn't that smooth.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I would love to try this Saitek mod, only there's a couple of screws in my yoke that just will not budge. It's crazy I know, as they're only screwed into plastic, but they're just solid. I really don't want to force it, as it's still under warrantee.I also want to open it, as the centre detent is actuallu OFF centre.Any ideas?

I would love to try this Saitek mod, only there's a couple of screws in my yoke that just will not budge. It's crazy I know, as they're only screwed into plastic, but they're just solid. I really don't want to force it, as it's still under warruntee.I also want to open it, as the centre detent is actuallu OFF centre.Any ideas?
This mod voids the warrantee anyway, so no worries if you booger up a screw head or break the threaded sleeve.Edit: I don't think you can fix the slightly off detent. The detent isn't actually aa detent, it's just the two spring cams both beig in contact with the yoke shaft & applying equal force in either direction. I'm pretty sure (can't remember 100%) the yoke itself is indexed on a notch in the shaft. You'd probably have to do some filing/gluing to change it.

I am wondering if that mod could be applied to the CH Eclipse Yoke?
Hi try this link for CH Yoke USB, but I suspect very similar for your Eclipse.
Dave.

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.

Many thanks Dave. Have added this and the disassemble vid to my favorites folder and will be shopping for some rubber bands.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's an interesting Mod Dave, might look in to it myself, ..& I do have a CH yoke & pedals & fairly happy with it,but my real gripe is that FSX Control,s is way too senseitive!Iv'e got the FSX Control Axis Slider's almost all the way back as low as they can go ,but the NGX response is a too responsive for the degree of Control Input.It might be alright for some of their default Cessna's, Mustang'd etc but not for an Airliner.I've been up on the various Flight Decks of TAA's 727's Ansett 727, 737, VIRGIN Blue 737NG etc.. (Before Sept 11) during the landing & watch the Pilot, & he really moves the Control's especially aileron, around quite a bit with the aircraftonly turning & changing flight path small amount.It seems a bit unrealisitic to me.Stewart T

I concur! Though not a real world pilot, I do remember my military days when I flew observation in KC135 and B52's and control input was quite rapid and far more extreme than aircraft response would indicate. You got me thinking about this, and I had been meaning to address it for some time, so I opened aircraft.cfg and found that changing the "aileron_effectiveness = 1.0" to "aileron_effectiveness = 0.5" under [flight_tuning]. It made a world of difference. When I have more time I'll tweek it more to my actual flight preference.

Edited by wildtrout1

Hi guys, I realize this not really topic related, but perhaps while doing the mod for CH Products Yoke try using a wood polish like the pledge spray on plastic shaft. Spray and then buff up to a dry shine. This gives a dry lubricant effect and very smooth on pitch and roll. Very cheap and effective.As far as the roll rate, if you have the FSUIPC registered version, this can be changed with the RAMP selection giving positive or negative Expotential. Just one other thing to rember though gentlemen, the videos you are seeing of real aircraft have wheel movements of nearly 90 degrees L/R but on our yokes are much less about 45 so in effect ours will be more agressive.Regards Dave Baggs.

Edited by daveng3

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.