Sign in to follow this  
rlj

Yoke autopilot/autothrottle activation

Can someone help me with engaging the auto pilo and auto throttle from a button on the Saitek yoke. I've mapped to both and the buttons disengage but will not engage them. A second press does clear the annunciator warnings. What am I missing?Thanks in advance.Richard

Sounds like you have it mapped to ap disengage only instead of toggling on/off

Can someone help me with engaging the auto pilo and auto throttle from a button on the Saitek yoke. I've mapped to both and the buttons disengage but will not engage them. A second press does clear the annunciator warnings. What am I missing?Thanks in advance.Richard
Did you try using FSUICP Macro ?Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Just a thought !In the RW there are no buttons on the yoke for autothrottle/autopilot engage.so it would not be or feel very realistic !!As I have said...............................Just a thought.Fred.

I Have the Same Problem,Keyboard assignment works fine and i have the switch programmed right but it does not work i hope we figure it out ;-)

Just a semi-related question....I am picking up my new Saitek Yoke later this week, to complement my set (I already have the rudder pedals and throttle quadrant)...I read that the yoke comes with a 3 port USB hub to plug the rudder and the throttle into it, and the yoke then plugs into the PC.Is this necessary??? Would it make any difference if they are plugged in separately??I have all my gaming appliances plugged into a separate 7 port powered USB hub...I prefer to plug all theSaitek devices into the powered hub...but does it make a difference programming it for use with NGX?thanks in advanceWill Reynolds

Just a semi-related question....I am picking up my new Saitek Yoke later this week, to complement my set (I already have the rudder pedals and throttle quadrant)...I read that the yoke comes with a 3 port USB hub to plug the rudder and the throttle into it, and the yoke then plugs into the PC.Is this necessary??? Would it make any difference if they are plugged in separately??I have all my gaming appliances plugged into a separate 7 port powered USB hub...I prefer to plug all theSaitek devices into the powered hub...but does it make a difference programming it for use with NGX?thanks in advanceWill Reynolds
I've heard that the brakes/tq's work better when routed through the yoke, but never experienced any issues personally. No if you plug more than just a single tq into the yoke USB you WILL have to use the optional yoke power supply to avoid pot noise/spikes. A generic adaptor from radio shack, walmart, fred meyer or whatever stores you have on that side of the world will work fine, just make sure the connector is the right size & voltage.

I assigned these in FSX and then using the Saitek default configuration application, assigned both to one button. Autopilot and autothrottle disengage just fine. I also set one of my, easy to get to, buttons to shut off the annoying autopilot warning.

Just a thought !In the RW there are no buttons on the yoke for autothrottle/autopilot engage.so it would not be or feel very realistic !!As I have said...............................Just a thought.Fred.
Thanks and I agree.... I'm good with disconnect ability that I have on the yoke (is this RW?). My objective was to be able to arm the autopilot without using the mouse (possibly a button on the throttle quadrant.Richard

I've heard that the brakes/tq's work better when routed through the yoke, but never experienced any issues personally. No if you plug more than just a single tq into the yoke USB you WILL have to use the optional yoke power supply to avoid pot noise/spikes. A generic adaptor from radio shack, walmart, fred meyer or whatever stores you have on that side of the world will work fine, just make sure the connector is the right size & voltage.
Great advice! many thanks!

Disconnect is no Problem for me i cant Arm the A/P using a button on the Throttle Quad and when i messed with the Saitek Config Everything went South Are there any good Tutorials on Assigning Buttons it Sounds like your Way Ahead of me on that !!

I was getting random driver code 43 problems until I plugged the rudder pedals into the USB port on the yoke, since then, no errors anymore, so yes, I'drecommend it.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Mine work just fine using the FSX default joystick assignment for autopilot disconnect (Z) and assign it to my yoke switch..