Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

Visibility issue with some WOAI in FSX?

Good Day All,There doesn't seem to be a support forum over at the WOAI website, so thought I would pick some brains here.I have a minor problem with AI visibility, and it is not something I have seen with WOAI packages before. Basically at a couple of airports that I have downloaded all the visiting airline packages for, I can hear ATC talking to the aircraft, but they aren't visible. The AI labels are visible, if I turn on that feature in Display options, and sometimes the aircraft lights - but no textures or even aircraft model. I don't believe its the airports in question that are an issue, as at certain times of the day there are visible AI movements, so it must be an individual package issue.Would anyone know what might be causing this?Any input most appreciated!Thank you.Regards,Al.

If you turn off "Aircraft Shadows" in your options, they'll reappear.Some airports (FSDT KLAX and some airports from Aerosoft) don't react well with FS9 AI aircraft in FSX... virtually none of the WOAI aircraft are native FSX models.. they're all FS9 models. If shadows are turned on, they'll appear transparent, but you can see the lights. What's interesting is after they take off, they become visible.If you turn off shadows in the "Display Options" menu of FSX, they'll show up.It's a well-known bug. It's been fixed with updates to MOST of Aerosofts sceneries, but some (LEMD, EDDK, and a few others) still have the problem. Most other payware sceneries don't seem have this issue and you can have shadows on... it just seems to be pervasive with Aerosoft sceneries for some reason.

I appreciate you replying, thank you.It was Aerosoft's Kos, and Larnaca sceneries where the issue is predominant for me - so this sounds like it will solve my problems.Thank you again!Regards,Al.

Not a problem... glad to help. You may want to update all of your Aerosoft sceneries (unfortunately Kos and Larnaca aren't updated yet - both still v.1.00) because the ones that have updates seem to solve the problem.

Good Day All,There doesn't seem to be a support forum over at the WOAI website,
BTW there is a support forum, but I think you have to register to read it. In fact it appears you posted this exact question and got the same answer?scott s..