Sign in to follow this  
Bob4th

Problem with my NGX

Hi Folks. I'm having something unusual happen with my NGX installation. Whenever I take off, my plane seems to want to level off at about 3000 feet and will accelerate to no faster than 195 knots. This has happened with both pre- and post-service pack and it happened when following the tutorial. This wasn't a problem originally but it has persisted for a couple of months. I'm puzzled about what to do about it. This is such a great aircraft and I really want to get this working correctly. Has this happened with anyone else?Bob JonesManufacturer: DellModel: XPS-8300Processor: Intel Cor i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHzInstalled Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB RamSystem type: 64-bit Operating SystemVideo Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Have you flown the tutorial to the letter? I have a feeling it's something you've misconfigured, especially if it's worked before. Make sure you're not forgetting anything.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you pull your flaps up?? I think there is a speed restriction controlled by aircraft systems as to not to damage the flaps on overspeed. And remember to set your trim according to whatever FMC input you set it to.

Thanks, guys. Yes, Kyle, I've flown it to the letter. In fact, I did that again after installing the service pack and the -600/-700. I had the same suspicion. I'll run the tutorial again just in case.Jakob, thanks but yes I raise the flaps by schedule and set the trim while at the gate.I'll fly the tutorial again later this week and see how that works.Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Problem solved!! There were some issues that made me think the problem might be in my CH flight Sim yoke config. I reset to default in both FSX and FSUIPC and, voila, the plane flies perfectly!!