Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Kunath

BBJ in Final ?

Forgive my ignorance on this. But other than tthem possibly adding a detailed interior....what could possible be different other than the paints?Kind of a serious question, if anyone knows the answer.

BBJ has two extra fuel tanks. Along with much lighter loads, it can get in and out of tight runways.

on Facebook, PMDG have a preview of the ANA BBJ....https://www.facebook...&type=3Its the BBJ Add On in final Phase ?
As far as I know, this is just a normal 700, but with all business class seating...Might be mistaken though...
Forgive my ignorance on this. But other than tthem possibly adding a detailed interior....what could possible be different other than the paints?Kind of a serious question, if anyone knows the answer.
For example, the fuel system is also different... The BBJ's have even longer range than the ER versions.Also, cabin crew interaction, and the associated items in the cockpit, will be different, I suppose.Again, I might be wrong, but that's my educated guess...

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

BBJ has two extra fuel tanks. Along with much lighter loads, it can get in and out of tight runways.
Interesting, are those lighter loads just a result of hauling less people, or did they actually reduce the weight of the aircraft too?

I really wonder where the idea comes from that this would be a BBJ? It's just a standard -700 in golden colors, just like in real life.

That's not BBJ just a -700! Where you get BBJ from?As for differences I think BBJ also offers different pressurization system for more comfort but reduces the airframe cycles.

I think in ANA livery it's actually the 737-700ER, which with the extra fuel tanks and a reduced passenger load of 48 in 1 class config, or 78 in 2 class config, gives the plane a range of 5775nm.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

whatever Guys, it was only a question.But just for your and PMDG information, this Livery ( ANA Gold Jet ) fly ANA also in 700ER Mode...qfunztc5.jpg

For anyone interested, the BBJ (Sometimes referred to as a BBJ-700 or a BBJ1, since there are BBJ versions of the -800 and -900 too) is a 737-700 with a PATS Auxiliary Fuel Tank System; the landing gear and wings of a 737-800 giving it a Max Takeoff Weight of 171,000 lbs compared to 154,500 lbs on a normal 737-700; and -7B26 or -7B27 engines. There are probably other differences that I'm unaware of, but those are the biggies I think. The Aux Fuel Tank system is a series of three to nine containers added into the cargo hold increasing the BBJ's range to potentially over 12 hours. A BBJ with the 9-tank configuration once flew non-stop from KBFI to OEJN on it's delivery flight, which is over 6,500 nm great circle. Another BBJ once flew, I think the story goes, for 13 hours around the perimeter of the United States from KBFI to KBFI.BBJs typically only carry from 1 to 19 pax, but are *much* heavier than normal 737-700s. Usually around 99,000 lbs empty, I know of a couple BBJs that reach up to 102,500 lbs OEW (Operating Empty Weight). That extra weight is in the form of soundproofing, cabinetry, beds, showers, and other luxuries. If you want to see the inside of some BBJs, google "BBJ Interiors" or check some aircraft sales websites like controller.com or flycci.com. Even being heavier airplanes, their ZFWs (Zero Fuel Weight, or total weight of plane and payload except for fuel) are considerably lighter than the ZFW on your average airline flight with 125 pax and with the highest-thrust CFM56s mounted on it, they can be quite sporty indeed.They're really neat to fly in FS.... depart from your hometown airport of Denver Jeffco/KBJC or Van Nuys/KVNY and fly non-stop to London Luton/EGGW or Paris Le Bourget/LFPB. How else could you realistically get away with flying a 737 from Eagle/KEGE to Charlottesville/KCHO, or from San Jose/KSJC to Papeete/NFFN, or from Stansted/EGSS to Jeddah/OEJN, or from St. Maarten/TNCM to Moscow/UUWW, or from Dubai/OMDB to Delhi/VIDP, or from Las Vegas/KLAS to Macau/VMMC via Anchorage/PANC.... I could go on and on... it's so interesting!-Tony

This post is against forum rules. You can only post your own shots, not shots from a commercial vendor or shots someone else took.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator