Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

Cloud9 Klax

Just got Cloud9 KLAX. (FSDT was just to low fps for my system). Does anyone have or know where I can get a good AfCad for It? ThanksBrad

I haven't see one but if you find one, let the group know.Hey, I was having issues with really, really, low frame rates at FSDT KLAX but not any more. Some of the hacks here forcefully told me to upgrade my system or reduce my video card memory on a perfectly streamlined Win32 XP system with a 1gb 560 TI! I could run 500+ users on SQL Server without touching a thing on that box.Yuck, what a proposition that would have been if I hadn't already had a new box (the one in my sig) sitting on the floor next to me, ha! All I had to do was simply tear the seal on Win7x64 pro and install it...that's what I was told at least...right...sure...experts.It took me a week of pure indentured servitude to the all mighty Microsoft machine in order to get it in order and I'm still installing. All of the databases and software I've written over the last 30 years...nasty business. But if you want to know the truth, bottom line is they were right. Win7x64 is the most fantastic departure (with regards to Flight Simulator) that you could ever imagine. It's simply stunning. I've got my FPS locked at 40 but I'm sure it will go much higher, I just haven't bothered to try as it seems unnecessary. So if you're getting crappy frame rates and you're running Win32 with a 1gb video card. Go for Win7x64 and if you've got the bucks, try to match my system or something similar. You will not be disappointed.Oh Umberto/Rafal/Paul...thanks for the help and the really horrible, expensive, and time consuming, correct advice :)Mark