Sign in to follow this  
viper1740

SP1 Livery Bug

After updating to SP1 and installing all of my liveries all over again, I noticed that the winglet versions of both -800 and -900 models were reverted to the 2888 version only after the livery installation. This did not affect the non-winglet version. Also, when I install my liveries, as before the update, it will not allow me to install more than one livery at a time, and when I install another livery it deletes them both and the third one takes over leaving my texture files in place but the CFG file is not updated accordingly. Example: I install the United livery, it shows in the -800WL menu. Then I install, let's say American livery, none show up, I then go and install as an example Continental livery, only that will show on the menu and it goes in circles as you repeat the procedure so you get the idea. This issue appears to be fixed with the non-winglet versions. I am currently having to add to the CFG files lines that are missing for the textures of the planes that did not correctly install. Any ideas?

Have you downloaded new liveries since sp1? They were changed.

After updating to SP1 and installing all of my liveries all over again, I noticed that the winglet versions of both -800 and -900 models were reverted to the 2888 version only after the livery installation. This did not affect the non-winglet version. Also, when I install my liveries, as before the update, it will not allow me to install more than one livery at a time, and when I install another livery it deletes them both and the third one takes over leaving my texture files in place but the CFG file is not updated accordingly. Example: I install the United livery, it shows in the -800WL menu. Then I install, let's say American livery, none show up, I then go and install as an example Continental livery, only that will show on the menu and it goes in circles as you repeat the procedure so you get the idea. This issue appears to be fixed with the non-winglet versions. I am currently having to add to the CFG files lines that are missing for the textures of the planes that did not correctly install. Any ideas?
Sounds like something went amuck when you upgraded to SP1. I just checked after I read your post and my configs say 3057 as they should. I did not download any of the "improved" liveries. I just reinstalled the ones I had before SP1. I did a complete uninstall of NGX first and then a reinstall of my RTM then added the SP1. I made sure after my uninstall that all of my livery directories including cfg and texture files were deleted. If you weren't that thorough, perhaps you have some corruption. When you applied SP1 it should have updated your Livery Manager program in your PMDG directory so you would have the new multiple-select load feature which apparently you do not. BTW after reinstalling my "original" liveries -- all function and display perfectly. I have had no need to upgrade to the improved liveries.

Sounds like something went amuck when you upgraded to SP1. I just checked after I read your post and my configs say 3057 as they should. I did not download any of the "improved" liveries. I just reinstalled the ones I had before SP1. I did a complete uninstall of NGX first and then a reinstall of my RTM then added the SP1. I made sure after my uninstall that all of my livery directories including cfg and texture files were deleted. If you weren't that thorough, perhaps you have some corruption. When you applied SP1 it should have updated your Livery Manager program in your PMDG directory so you would have the new multiple-select load feature which apparently you do not. BTW after reinstalling my "original" liveries -- all function and display perfectly. I have had no need to upgrade to the improved liveries.
I deleted all of my old liveries and disposed of all my old installation liveries so not to mix them up and re downloaded new ones as per instructions. It also stated you do not need to do a full/fresh install but I wonder why it affected winglet version? I noticed after an update it changed it to the new version, but it reverted it back to 2888 only after installing the liveries and it only affects the winglet version. I made sure the update went through by checking the CFG files before installing the liveries, but I knew something was wrong when they were deleting them selves in circles. And yes I can select multiple liveries at once when installing. Livery manager is v1.08

Did you delete the livery folders left behind in the -800/-900 folders? The SP updates the .CFG, erasing the entries in the CFG saying that there are liveries for the sim to look for, but the folders are still there. I'd suggest uninstalling all liveries, making sure all folders are deleted other than the PMDG liveries, and then try to re-install with the new liveries. Either that or I'm guessing you're not running the Livery Manager as an Admin.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you delete the livery folders left behind in the -800/-900 folders? The SP updates the .CFG, erasing the entries in the CFG saying that there are liveries for the sim to look for, but the folders are still there. I'd suggest uninstalling all liveries, making sure all folders are deleted other than the PMDG liveries, and then try to re-install with the new liveries. Either that or I'm guessing you're not running the Livery Manager as an Admin.
Yes I did everything as it stated in the instructions on the forums...the change only happen after installing the liveries... but you did mention one thing... Run livery manager as Admin? You are correct, I did not try it, though I am about to run off to go to work so I do not have time. I will try it early tomorrow morning and I will update this post with my findings... Any other suggestions in the mean time will be more than welcome....

Yes I did everything as it stated in the instructions on the forums...the change only happen after installing the liveries... but you did mention one thing... Run livery manager as Admin? You are correct, I did not try it, though I am about to run off to go to work so I do not have time. I will try it early tomorrow morning and I will update this post with my findings... Any other suggestions in the mean time will be more than welcome....
But wait...I still don't understand, even if I do run it in the admin mode, why did it only afect the WL versions of both the -800 and the -900? This can't be a fault of not running the manager in the "admin" mode.... I think

You wouldn't think, but computers can be unpredictable when things aren't given the proper permissions.

Kyle Rodgers

I found a solution to this problem. It was within the aircraft folder it self. Whenever a livery is installed, apparently a copy of the aircraft.cfg is made as a back up and is renamed aircraft_old.cfg Be sure to erase it before installing new liveries after you do an updgrade to the SP1. This helped me. I had old copies of the 2888 version which somehow got mixed up. Hope this helps you incase you fall for the same problem.