Sign in to follow this  
moothey

ai traffic

hi allmay i ask is anyone could tell me why my ai traffic models turn 180 on landing and taxi along the size of the runway or sometimes off away from the airport.please note that i am using just flight traffic 2005 and using there models the plane exit the runway at taxiways. this problem has only happend since i added and replace the models with pai, aia djc, tfs models. the new models taxi find from gate to take off runway. i have also tryed mod's to my afcad files. but no luck.thanks gary j

It sounds like possibly the ai modell application and or Traffic 2005 have installed duplicate AFCADs. In addition some may be faulty. If an AI overshot the runway on landing it will taxi back on the runway after turning around until it gets near a valid taxiway.Quite a few afcads I have seen have overlapping but unconnected taxi nodes leaving a disconnected taxi route from the runway so the aircraft taxis back essentially on the runway because the ai path finder will not follow the route across open links.The freeware AFCAD editor is not the best to use with recent airport add-ons as saving a file with it can destroy some scenery objects beyond the scope of AFCAD v 2.21 designed into the afcad type file by applications other than AFCAD. Either the payware AFX editor or the freeware ADE9X editor has a fault finder that will list disconnected taxi paths that you can correct.Another reason an ai might taxi back on the runway isif there is a stuck ai on the exit taxi path die to similar reasons.

thank from the reply. i have just removed the new models and just use the traffic 2005 aircraft they work fine exiting the runway as they should.i take the point about added airport software so i have try ai trafic into a stock airport it does the same. may i point out that it not a exiting problem. it just that the new models do a 180 right or left at the end of there landing run. there could be a exit to the right and it will 180 left. and taxi along the side of the runway.i have got to the point i redone my own afcad file and using taffic spotter look down to see what the aircraft are following. but no clues there.thanks for you time gary j