Sign in to follow this  
socalhub

Passenger Load

I notice in the setup you have a option to choose between single class and mixed class cabin! In a single class mode it defaults to 147 pax, is there anyway to change the default pax capacity, I want to change my single class to 137?ThanksMark Tolkacz

In FMC On the main screen sorry I'm not by the comp now but it's on the same screen where you load your cargo on fmc

Yes that would be the default passenger load and I can load 137/146 on the payload screen. I want to change that 146 to 137?

I notice in the setup you have a option to choose between single class and mixed class cabin! In a single class mode it defaults to 147 pax, is there anyway to change the default pax capacity, I want to change my single class to 137?ThanksMark Tolkacz
Hello :)I don’t think there is any way of doing what I think you are requesting (which is to make the ???/146 –so max pax 146 to ???/137 – so max pax 137).What PMDG have done is set the maximum pax you can load, if the airline your flying has a configuration in real life (or VA) which is 137 seats the easiest way around the issue would be to load 137 into the field next to max pax (so it would look like 137/146 for example).Now I am sure you are already aware you can do this but my understanding is from when I asked PMDG to increase the maximum seats on the B738NGX to 189 is it’s a programming job and therefore it would be a job for PMDG themselves.I am guessing (and quite understandingly so) PMDG does not want to get into the situation where they have hundreds of different seating options.Really the best thing for PMDG to do in the single class would be to set the maximum at maximum – for the Boeing 737-700 PMDG have set that to 146 – Boeing state the max pax at 149 but I am not sure if any airlines use that configuration. By doing this PMDG then allow their customers to set our individual maximums (providing it’s below 146 of course). I think it’s the simplest way of dealing with the seating config issue.If we look at the real world we have airlines such as Southwest who according to ‘Seat Guru’ have 137, however across the pond airlines such as Air Berlin have 144 seats and EasyJet fit 149 on their B737-700’s.I think PMDG tried to find a reasonable maximum seats for their single class config to keep things simple.Sorry if parts of my message were unclear I was doing ten things at once (us females can do this – so I am told!)Any questions on the above just askTTFNKimberly Richmond-Jones

When you are at the main screen of the FMC select "PMDG Setup" then go to Aircraft > Equipment and go to page number 6... Look for "cabin layout", this will let you somewhat change what you are looking for. Single Class and Two Class configuration. Hope this helps

When you are at the main screen of the FMC select "PMDG Setup" then go to Aircraft > Equipment and go to page number 6... Look for "cabin layout", this will let you somewhat change what you are looking for. Single Class and Two Class configuration. Hope this helps
Think you still are misunderstanding him still,He asking if there is a way to make the pax layout ONLY 137 seat overall, not to fill 136 out of 147 pax seats. So he only wants 137 seat on the plane in Single class config.

Think you still are misunderstanding him still,He asking if there is a way to make the pax layout ONLY 137 seat overall, not to fill 136 out of 147 pax seats. So he only wants 137 seat on the plane in Single class config.
That's what it does, it changes the PAX layout based on the configuration, there is no way to change the 2nd number to whatever you want, but rather to what the A/C is set up for. By changing the layout you are changing the number of maximum passengers allowed on that aircraft.

-By changing the layout you are changing the number of maximum passengers allowed on that aircraft.
Yes I know that but that's not the OP question. You were telling him how to get to the selection within the CDU when he knew how to do that already but was not satisfied with the value of 146 and was wanting/wondering if this could be changed or edited to his liking. He was asking if you can change or edit the PMDG provide single call layout from 146 to 137 witch we can't as far as I know as you and others mentioned.BUT with your reasoning theirs still 146 seat witch dose not really solve his problem as he only wants 137 total... not to fill only 137 seat outta 146 as with this method there still be nine extra seats and nine extra seats weight etc. Or he's just trying to match a pacific airlines layout and as you said your reasoning would only "somewhat" solve his problem. But again he knew everything you told him in your first two post about the CDU selection.

Then I suggest buying the upgrade to PMDG -600/-700 variant of the 737 Thinking.gif since they carry less passengers

KimberlyRJ hit it right on the head! Same answer I did receive from PMDG Product support! Thanks for everyones inputMark Tolkacz

Now I am sure you are already aware you can do this but my understanding is from when I asked PMDG to increase the maximum seats on the B738NGX to 189 is it’s a programming job and therefore it would be a job for PMDG themselves.I am guessing (and quite understandingly so) PMDG does not want to get into the situation where they have hundreds of different seating options.Really the best thing for PMDG to do in the single class would be to set the maximum at maximum – for the Boeing 737-700 PMDG have set that to 146 – Boeing state the max pax at 149 but I am not sure if any airlines use that configuration. By doing this PMDG then allow their customers to set our individual maximums (providing it’s below 146 of course). I think it’s the simplest way of dealing with the seating config issue.If we look at the real world we have airlines such as Southwest who according to ‘Seat Guru’ have 137, however across the pond airlines such as Air Berlin have 144 seats and EasyJet fit 149 on their B737-700’s.I think PMDG tried to find a reasonable maximum seats for their single class config to keep things simple.Sorry if parts of my message were unclear I was doing ten things at once (us females can do this – so I am told!)Any questions on the above just askTTFNKimberly Richmond-Jones
Yes shame they not gone down the route of using the maximum numbers, which would help those trying to simulate reall world ops...those who fly airlines with less seats could just load less pax to get closer to their op.That said many other addons do normally have a few more seating configs to choose from as the defaults, so a European high density, American standard, and dual class would probably cover most people's desires,so something maybe or the sp2? Oh Kimberly...I'm afraid even women can't multi task...it's physically impossible for anyone to do....although evidence suggests the female sex are better at task switching....although not parking cars lol!

This is not changing. We have to use the data we're given - that's where the values came from. We cannot and will not account for every possible real life configuration of the airplane, that is impossible.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

But Ryan, we not ask for a setup for every single airline, we just suggest it would have been much easier and convenient if u had used the maximum permitted seating as the high-density configuration. Then everyone can decide on how many passengers they want to have onboard. The fact is that many airlines here in Europe use this high-density layouts. Dont know where u get your data from, but this figures is easy avaible from a lot of sources here on the web.Johnny Holmgren

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Yes shame they not gone down the route of using the maximum numbers, which would help those trying to simulate reall world ops...those who fly airlines with less seats could just load less pax to get closer to their op.That said many other addons do normally have a few more seating configs to choose from as the defaults, so a European high density, American standard, and dual class would probably cover most people's desires,so something maybe or the sp2?Oh Kimberly...I'm afraid even women can't multi task...it's physically impossible for anyone to do....although evidence suggests the female sex are better at task switching....although not parking cars lol!
I will have you know I am very good at parking my car – it has a button, I press it and it parks itself (I just do the power/breaking)... Idea.gifBut you are right us women can’t multi task, we just say we can – like many things we do! Whistle.gifKimberly Richmond-Jones Angel.gif