Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FS locks up for some time, then back

Hi, I tried several times a night flight EGCC-LFPG with the -800 and SP1 and everytime I reach the area between Manchester and London, more or less in cruise, I get a lockup of about 15-20 seconds, with the sound still on but the sim completely frozen (including TrackIR, screen completely frozen). After those 15-20 seconds, all goes back to normality without me doing anything and the flight goes on normally to the end.On the FS computer I just run FSX and TrackIR, while I run ASE on a networked laptop. FS configured according with Boyote.Has anyone experienced such a lockup?Thank you.

James Goggi

Sorry, I forgot to say that I use FSUIPC but NO autosave. The lockup occurs only ONCE (or maybe some occasional other freezes of 1-2 seconds in that area), then no more through the remainder of the flight.

James Goggi

Hi,I had the same problem with my old PC for a loooong long time. I was very close to losing my mind, and then http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2265716 solved it for me. There is a patch for it but not directly downloadable. You will have to contact MS and they will send you a download link. I may provide the file via e-mail if you like by the way.Still, it may not be the same problem of course but I would give it a try if I were you.Btw I must add, my problem occurred randomly, not at a spesific area. But the symptom was exactly the same.Doruk

Yeah i get this with every night flight and it's annoying stutters for a few seconds frames drop to 3 then its ok again but it only happens at night

I have experienced the same problem recently may i add with my current setup even flying over default scenery, but this has only happend to me 2 times since SP1 using fsuipc not reg

Ihttp://support.micro....com/kb/2265716 solved it for me. There is a patch for it but not directly downloadable. You will have to contact MS and they will send you a download link. I may provide the file via e-mail if you like by the way.
Thank you very much, Doruk. In order to make sure that the problem is not related to FS but to Windows (it is strange that the lockup happens always more or less in the same area, then no more) I will do some troubleshooting without using ASE, then de-activating addon sceneries in the area and finally flying another route. If I still get that lockup, I will ask you about that file.
Yeah i get this with every night flight and it's annoying stutters for a few seconds frames drop to 3 then its ok again but it only happens at night
Steve, in my case I don't have stutters, what happens is that suddenly, while the flight is smooth, everything (except the sound) freezes for those 10-20 seconds just one time during the flight, afterwards all goes back to normality.

James Goggi