Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSX Lockup @ FTX Cairns NGX Sp1 737-700

EVERYTIME I depart Carins Australia (ORBX FTX) in the NGX and use rwy 15 SWIFT 7 Departure FSX Lockups @ 400' off of the ground. I find this very odd because the SWIFT 7 Departure requires a quick tunr at 400' above the airport for Noise and require to intercept a Radial at the Cairns VOR then at 5,000' go direct to an interection. So the problem is I have no idea if the problem is the NGX, SP1 NGX, my Nav Data (Austscene.com) or ORBX. Other then this I am COMPLETELY CTD free with FSX. O ya; the actual error was a App Hang but only occured after I selected to the end Process in the Task Manager.Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks for the help.Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Try entering the flight plan manually, I had troubles with the austscene FP with the new NGX.David

Hi Ron,I just gave it a run without any problems. The only difference between your setup and mine is that my navadata comes from Navigraph rather than Austscene. I guess it's possible that your navdata is the source.This is what I have for the SWIFT7 departure from Cairns (it's from the current cycle):

SID SWIFT7 RNW 15 TRK 149 UNTIL 2.6 FROM FIX CS SPEED 190 HDG 030 INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 TO FIX CS TRK 080 UNTIL 4000 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX SWIFT
Hope this helps, mate.cheers,jeff

Jeff Hunter

Cairns is interesting. I was working there a few years ago and spoke to a pilot.He told me the 400' quick turn is to avoid the hills directly in the flight path south.I said "Surely the aircraft would be well clear of the hills before passing them?""Not if you lose an engine on takeoff", he wrily smiled.Never thought of that at the time.......

G'day Ron,Like Jeff, I run Navigraph navdata.The 737 NGX and MD-11 work fine with that departure but the 747 won't load it. I don't really like the 747 anyway so its no big deal.I remember doing a short flight from Cairns to Hamilton Island on a BAe 146 with Ansett back in the 90's. What a great little flight. It was crystal clear and you couldn't keep count of the amount of reefs you saw on the way south. Spectacular part of Australia.

That whole area is great flying. I did Cairns to Horn island (YHID) in a Dash-8 a few months back. Great views of the coast and reef all the way up to the tip of Cape York.OT, I know...I hope the OP has sorted his issue.

Jeff Hunter

Ron,I had the same problem as you couple of months ago, & I think one of the airports was Cairns & the Panel frooze several times.At any rate the procedure file wasn't quite correct as per Airservices Australia DAP,so I have reinstalled the Australian portion of Navigraph procedure files & things are back to normal, no problems.The main reason I thought I would try it was Austscene included RNAV approaches to Queenstown NZRegards,Stewart Thompson

Sounds like their navdata causes the screwy behaviour... if you can edit the files, you might be able to track the error down...Andrew