Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

FeelThere LE: Phenom 100 by Embraer

At Feelthere. http://www.feelthere...elthere-le.htmlAt Wilco. http://www.wilcopub.com/simulator-add-on/phenom-i00-by-embraer.htmlQuick and short, guys, what are your thoughts or even reviews on this one?As a Citation Mustang owner, I may already have a similar plane in the hangar. But my impression on previous Feelthere releases like the E-Jets V2 and ERJ V2 are very good, so I'm interested.My questions would be how the framerates compare to the rather high Mustang impact and how the G1000 is done, e. g. in case of Navigraph support.Your reviews are more than welcome. smile.png

http://www.wilcopub....by-embraer.htmlQuick and short, guys, what are your thoughts or even reviews on this one?As a Citation Mustang owner, I may already have a similar plane in the hangar. But my impression on previous Feelthere releases like the E-Jets V2 and ERJ V2 are very good, so I'm interested.My questions would be how the framerates compare to the rather high Mustang impact and how the G1000 is done, e. g. in case of Navigraph support.Your reviews are more than welcome. smile.png
According to the ad copy this is an "LE" series model and uses the FSX GPS (Suitably skinned) and FSX flightplanner - no Navigraph support is mentioned. It's a lightweight.DJ

True. This would be my deepest fear, so to speak, since I'd really miss the Navigraph data then.But it names some VNAV capability, surely like the one on the ERJ, so there may be more in the box than one may think.If they had a money-back policy, I would already have bought it and could report.Note. I've added both links to the first post. So there's the Feelthere shop and the Wilco one now.Point for the Mustang. It has a WC. LOL.gif

A good looking jet, but here's how I think this will go. While Feelthere built it, their support in their forums will be very limited because they will tell you they built it for WILCO, whose's support is legendary. Whistle.gif Eventually folks will start asking for an SP1, and FT will say it's up to WILCO, and WILCO will do nothing. What do you think? Too far off the mark?David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I don't know, David. The service packs on their ERJ V2 and E-Jet V2 stuff came in nicely by Feelthere.But there was no Wilco involved, you are right.

While Feelthere built it, their support in their forums will be very limited
wrong wrong WRONG AND WRONG!the Phenom is a feelThere product and wilco is not involved!.wilco is one of the many distributors that one can purchase ... and you can purchase directly from feelThere.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Scoob, does it have some Navigraph database option? That's a vital one for me, so sorry for stressing the question.

* Simple FMS integrated with Multi Function Displays using the default FS flight planner
So, is this an 'only FS flight planner' or a 'you can also use the FS flight planner'?A follow up question may then be if some release with that Navigraph feature is planned.

Has anyone bought it yet?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

ubersu pointed at the right direction, I should learn to read better. Worried.gifFrom the forum section at Feelthere.

Q. I can't enter a new waypoint into the flightplan using the FMC's keypad.A. the Phenom is a 'LE' product and does not simulate all systems. The aircraft is programmed to use the default FS GPS to simulate a limited FMS. please review the manual for information about the interface between the panel and the FS GPS. for more information about the default GPS see the FS 'LEARNING CENTER'.
But a video or even the manuals would be great to get an impression before buying.In the meantime, the forum and the FAQ section there are the way to go. smile.png

I bought it today but havent flown it yet so I cant give any feedback on that yet. But, I bought it because it has the features I wanted to see, VC and 2D cockpit and subpanels, direct loading of FSX flight plans, and the updated G1000, which unlike the Mustang, allows a 'Direct To' flight plan.Right up front, I was not a fan of the 'jungle jets, but after watching and reading all the articles over the years of the real one, it's one impressive plane, so I bought it.After reading the manual, which is short (Thanks) and poking around the cockpit, at this point I like it. Testing FPS with my rig, just sitting on the ramp, I get 25-35 in all views, which is pretty good considering my FSX settings and the fact that there are 3 G1000 screens running plus all the subpanels on a second monitor. It does have FADEC, if you like that, I don't but its not a showstopper. There is a 'Config Mgr' that will let you change a lot of settings to help with performance.I'm going to try to get a flight in tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll post some feedback. But right up front, if you are looking for a FMC with navigraph, this aint the plane for you.

Jay

I bought it today but havent flown it yet so I cant give any feedback on that yet. But, I bought it because it has the features I wanted to see, VC and 2D cockpit and subpanels, direct loading of FSX flight plans, and the updated G1000, which unlike the Mustang, allows a 'Direct To' flight plan.Right up front, I was not a fan of the 'jungle jets, but after watching and reading all the articles over the years of the real one, it's one impressive plane, so I bought it.After reading the manual, which is short (Thanks) and poking around the cockpit, at this point I like it. Testing FPS with my rig, just sitting on the ramp, I get 25-35 in all views, which is pretty good considering my FSX settings and the fact that there are 3 G1000 screens running plus all the subpanels on a second monitor. It does have FADEC, if you like that, I don't but its not a showstopper. There is a 'Config Mgr' that will let you change a lot of settings to help with performance.I'm going to try to get a flight in tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll post some feedback. But right up front, if you are looking for a FMC with navigraph, this aint the plane for you.
I wonder if one could add the mindstar g1000 to it ?It'd be good I guess.

I'm going to try to get a flight in tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll post some feedback. But right up front, if you are looking for a FMC with navigraph, this aint the plane for you.
You may be right there. However, if it gives people a nice flying bird and some easy setup, it may be right for quite some folks.Thanks for the input. I'm sure the guys will appreciate further details from a customer.
which unlike the Mustang, allows a 'Direct To' flight plan.
A side note. From memory, the 'direct-to' button on the Mustang allows exactly that, without building a flight plan first.
I wonder if one could add the mindstar g1000 to it ?
Good question. I also wonder how the Mindstar can be VC-handled with some 3D elements being present, but maybe fitting the panel somehow precisely, so you are not forced to work 2D panel popup only.But the thing preventing some easy Mindstar integration may be some systems, since the G1000 also displays engine and system data, which has to fit to the plane itself. I don't know if they e. g. offer a jet version of those things, so the engine data may be mixed up for example.

It's definitely not a hardcore G-1000 sim, but I actually enjoyed flying it. I took a couple laps around FTX YMAV last night and it's a pure joy to hand fly. It's very stable and not jumpy and twitchy like some other aircraft. I'd say from an aerodynamic standpoint, it's right on par with the F1 Mustang.From a systems point of view, it's pretty bare-bones. The virtual cockpit is not as clean and crisp as the Mustang, and the G-1000 lacks the robust nature of the Mustang, but still... a great little jet to fly for short hops. The exterior model is BEAUTIFUL! I'd give it a 6 out of 10... losing 4 points for the "LE" nature of the product. I don't regret the purchase at all... plus I get both an FSX and an FS9 version for the same price (though I'll probably only use the FSX version..)