Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

FeelThere LE: Phenom 100 by Embraer

I bought it today but havent flown it yet so I cant give any feedback on that yet. But, I bought it because it has the features I wanted to see, VC and 2D cockpit and subpanels, direct loading of FSX flight plans, and the updated G1000, which unlike the Mustang, allows a 'Direct To' flight plan.Right up front, I was not a fan of the 'jungle jets, but after watching and reading all the articles over the years of the real one, it's one impressive plane, so I bought it.After reading the manual, which is short (Thanks) and poking around the cockpit, at this point I like it. Testing FPS with my rig, just sitting on the ramp, I get 25-35 in all views, which is pretty good considering my FSX settings and the fact that there are 3 G1000 screens running plus all the subpanels on a second monitor. It does have FADEC, if you like that, I don't but its not a showstopper. There is a 'Config Mgr' that will let you change a lot of settings to help with performance.I'm going to try to get a flight in tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll post some feedback. But right up front, if you are looking for a FMC with navigraph, this aint the plane for you.
I have over 250 hours in the F1 Mustang. I don't know where you got your info but your statement about the "Direct To" flight plan is completely incorrect. Unlike the FS FP, you can fly direct to any WPT in your flight plan and then resume your FP from that WPT. The G1000 in the Mustang is a much truer simulation.

I have over 250 hours in the F1 Mustang. I don't know where you got your info but your statement about the "Direct To" flight plan is completely incorrect. Unlike the FS FP, you can fly direct to any WPT in your flight plan and then resume your FP from that WPT. The G1000 in the Mustang is a much truer simulation.
You missread what I wrote, you cannot create a DIRECT TO FP using the FSX built in flight planner, then load it into the G1000 in the Mustang, unless that has been fixed.

Jay

It's definitely not a hardcore G-1000 sim, but I actually enjoyed flying it. I took a couple laps around FTX YMAV last night and it's a pure joy to hand fly. It's very stable and not jumpy and twitchy like some other aircraft. I'd say from an aerodynamic standpoint, it's right on par with the F1 Mustang.From a systems point of view, it's pretty bare-bones. The virtual cockpit is not as clean and crisp as the Mustang, and the G-1000 lacks the robust nature of the Mustang, but still... a great little jet to fly for short hops. The exterior model is BEAUTIFUL! I'd give it a 6 out of 10... losing 4 points for the "LE" nature of the product. I don't regret the purchase at all... plus I get both an FSX and an FS9 version for the same price (though I'll probably only use the FSX version..)
Hello Bonkster!Thanks for the minireview!My biggest concern is the framerate, is it easier on fps than the F1 Mustang? On which other plane you also have does it seem on par regarding the fps ?Thanks!

It's probably much easier on frames than the Mustang... but on my system, everything runs very smooth... including the Mustang Frames-wise, I would probably compare it more to the performance of the default Lear 45.

You missread what I wrote, you cannot create a DIRECT TO FP using the FSX built in flight planner, then load it into the G1000 in the Mustang, unless that has been fixed.
I guess I did. However, in the Mustang you can build your FP directly in the MFD and/or you can Direct To any WPT.Why would you want to create a direct to in the FSX planner and load it into the Mustang. It doesn't make sense.

I guess I did. However, in the Mustang you can build your FP directly in the MFD and/or you can Direct To any WPT.Why would you want to create a direct to in the FSX planner and load it into the Mustang. It doesn't make sense.
+1

I am not going to debate this here since this is a thread for the Phenon....suffice it to say I plan ALL my flights in the FSX flight planner.....Now, on to the 100......I just completed a short flight from KPBI to KJAX and these are my own observations only, your milage may vary.....I use the 2D cockpit with the sub panels on a second monitor, in 'windowed mode', not 'full screen.Performance is fine, 35 or so in all views.The plane handles well and is what I would expect after researching the 'real' 100, it's very close to the numbers, but it is a VLJ, so it's no rocket ship.It's impossible after just one flight to get a complete impression, but thats all I had time for today, and there are a few things that don't impress me...In no particular order..Wingstab and Insp lights dont workYoke in the VC block's the panel a bit, no way to move it backInterior lights are either on or off, no dimmer, and 2D too bright at nightOn the PFD, "Menu-FPL-PROC-Direct' buttons dont work(probably by design) but the MFD is ok2D default view the pilot view is too far to the right, like you are sitting almost in the center of the cockpitNo AP popupWindshield glass reflections in the VC are extremely distractingThere are no indicator lights on the AP, so it's hard to tell what mode is active without looking at the PFDSeems to be some missing pages in the GPS, maybe it's just me not finding them (nearest airport-VOR-airport layouts etc)And the BIG issue for me, no matter what I try I cant read the text at the top of the PFD/MFD, I have to open the expanded view, very annoying.In summary, visually it's very good and performance is very good. I use the ES CJ1+ (version 1) so I kinda compare it to that. It's a great plane for getting in and out of small fields, using medium altitudes, there are no spoilers or reversers but you dont need them as it land slow enough for just brakes.The manual could use a few more pages because unless you are familair with the G1000, you will spend a lot of time 'poking' around. You really do need to go through the manual because the 100 does a few things differently from other bizjets and you need to be aware of them.Bottom line, I will be flying this more to see where it fits in to my 'fleet', but I don't think at this point it will make it to my 'primary' list, that is still reserved for the CJ1+ when I need that type of jet.Hope this helps.

Jay

I am not going to debate this here since this is a thread for the Phenon....suffice it to say I plan ALL my flights in the FSX flight planner....
HelloWith an addon that uses the Navigraph airac data then you really need a planner that uses the same databaseThe FSX planners database is fixed at sometime in 2005.How do you use an advanced FMC with the FSX planner if the data does not match?

HelloWith an addon that uses the Navigraph airac data then you really need a planner that uses the same databaseThe FSX planners database is fixed at sometime in 2005.How do you use an advanced FMC with the FSX planner if the data does not match?
First FSX only recognizes it's own database, so if navgraph shows a different freq, FSx will only use its own. Second, the 100 doesnt use navgraph. Third, I dont use SIDS and STARS and I dont care if 'fix XXXX' has been renamed to 'fixXXXY'. Botton line is, FSX flight planner works just fine for me biggrin.png

Jay

First FSX only recognizes it's own database, so if navgraph shows a different freq, FSx will only use its own. Second, the 100 doesnt use navgraph. Third, I dont use SIDS and STARS and I dont care if 'fix XXXX' has been renamed to 'fixXXXY'. Botton line is, FSX flight planner works just fine for me biggrin.png
HelloFair enough, each to their own I suppose

Does the Phenom G1000 include system pages? thx.
It has some, but either I cant find some that should be there, or they are missing.

Jay

I'd say that the user interface is much improved over the FSX G1000 and thepopup reflects most of the settings of the panel display and via versa, so thatis great. But content wise, the G1000 is 99% like the FSX G1000, warts and all..

Bert

Unlike the FS FP, you can fly direct to any WPT in your flight plan and then resume your FP from that WPT. The G1000 in the Mustang is a much truer simulation.
Actually, the default G1000, G500 and G295 can do that too! Of course, one would actually have to read the instructions first to know how...There are actually two methods to accomplish this; one via the D=> button, select FLT PLAN list, then ENT, or directly from the flightplan list using the MENU and ENT buttons.Folks are too quick to dismiss the default GPS units as unworthy without knowing what they are capable of... Thinking.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator