Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

Route off-set format NGX

Hi Guys,Long time no see. Well I have been having some great fun flying around with the Vatpac world flight crew in the last few days. On the flight from Jakarta to Bangalore, the airways were crowded and I was asked to fly a left 10nm off-set on my filed route. Fortunately for that leg i was in the PMDG MD11 and had no problem sorting that out. Neverthless, last night I flew the leg from Seville to Lajes in the Azores and again the route was crowded. I was not asked to set up an off-set from ATC but, in the back of the mind I was kind of anticipating it, so I was exploring the FMC and found the Off-set key on the route page, but once opening it I was not sure of the format for entering it.Would someone please provide me a simple example of a correct format for setting up an off-set for the NGX? Thanks.This online event was a blast and last night most pilots had to enter holds at two waypoints during approach and many also were instructed to execute go-arounds on short final. Fortunately for me, I was lucky and did not have to go around. One poor guy flying for JAL had to go-around three times before he made it down!!Anyways, if someone can help me out with the above that would be great and also come along and join us on some of the world flight legs. They are currently crossing the Atlantic from Ghana to Brazil!Cheers,Nicholas Boskovic

This is sort of explained in FCOM 1 SP.11.12. But hopefully this will fill in some of the blanks in the procedure:Go to your RTE page in fhe FMCClick the OFFSET button at bottom rightYou are now on the Lateral Offset PageYou'll see this:---.-Here you enter "L" for left offset, "R" for right offset (no quotes), immediately followed by the desired offset value up to 99 miles.In my example below I've entered: L10.0 -- because I want to do a Left 10 mile offsetAfter entering the offset direction and distance instruction, click the button next to the Offset value and you will then see the entry fields for the beginning and end waypoints for the offset. In my example I've entered BAHMA for the start and RAJAY for the end waypoints. Notice how on the map it then plots the offset for you.Click the EXEC button and you're done.Hope this helps.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Hi Jev,Thanks so much for your post. You explain it perfectly and easy for me to understand. The upload of your screen shot makes it even more simple.Many thanks and cheers!Nicholas Boskovic