Sign in to follow this  
Chase Popp

Extending View Limits! Please help!

Hello, I am a fs2004 user, and this problem with me has been haunting me since the beginning of time. I have planes from PMDG, and Captain Sim; and they come with a virtual cabin; however, STUPID fs2004's limits of walking doesn't allow me to go into the virtual cabin!! (SHIFT+CTRL+BACKSPACE) etc. It only allows me to go back so far.In FSX, it's unlimited!!!! WHY???? So, my question is, how can you physically change the limits like in fsx, so it's unlimited? In fs9.cfg? I'll do whatever it takes.-F1_View Module does nothing, the controls don't work. I don't have a mouse with wheel scrolling-Active Camera doesn't work either, the controls do nothing in the sim.

If you use the F1 utility you should be able to move fwd/back with CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Backspace. If I remember correctly F1 does let you go beyond the normal FS9 limits. FSrecorder also has some advanced view functions that will let you make pan-able view point anywhere within the cabin or even outside. Same key commands with either app, move left/right with CTRL+Shift+Enter and CTRL+Shift+Backspace, move up/down with Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace.Jim

Um, did you try ActiveCamera in Seattle? The free demo is limited to that area. ActiveCamera is the single most important add-on I use...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello, thanks so much for the replies. CTRL+BACKSPACE does walk me around, but only to a certain limit. Is fsrecorder freeware?Yes, I have tried active camera in Seattle, and none of the key commands work on my laptop. Tried two times actually, they don't function

ah, if you are on a laptop check two things...1. Numlock is ON... AC will not work with numlock off on my pc...2. within FS under the ActiveCamera pull down make sure there is a check box in "internal view" I think it is or something like that. I am going from memory but if you do not have numlock on and that check enabled AC will look like it is doing nothing.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

ah, if you are on a laptop check two things...1. Numlock is ON... AC will not work with numlock off on my pc...2. within FS under the ActiveCamera pull down make sure there is a check box in "internal view" I think it is or something like that. I am going from memory but if you do not have numlock on and that check enabled AC will look like it is doing nothing.
Thank you, however, I have already completely uninstalled Active Camera from my computer in frustration. If these tips work with F1 View, I will certainly let you know.Thanks!

If I can give you one piece of advice as someone who has been using FS9 since day 1 and also installed ActiveCamera since day 1 go ahead and re-install it :) I can be on the forums this am and help you through your issues if you want but it is really worth it to get AC working. I literally will not fly without it and when I re-install FS9 the FIRST thing I do after my vanilla install is install AC and e-mail Serge at ActiveCamera for my replacement key so it is ready to go by the time I get done installing everything LOL.The offer is there if you want to try and get AC working, if not I hope you can get F1 working for you.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

If I can give you one piece of advice as someone who has been using FS9 since day 1 and also installed ActiveCamera since day 1 go ahead and re-install it :) I can be on the forums this am and help you through your issues if you want but it is really worth it to get AC working. I literally will not fly without it and when I re-install FS9 the FIRST thing I do after my vanilla install is install AC and e-mail Serge at ActiveCamera for my replacement key so it is ready to go by the time I get done installing everything LOL.The offer is there if you want to try and get AC working, if not I hope you can get F1 working for you.-Paul
Thanks! You are so kind! Although I can't stay all morning :(. I am available this afternoon at around 3:00 (Mountain Time)I am pumped to get this working!

No worries, I am working from home today and the motorcycle is on its stand having more carbon fiber put on so I am around :)You can email me directly, paul dot solk at gmail dot com if you like or feel free to keep posting here, i get an email every time you respond,-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I own them all -- ActiveCamera, FSRecorder, and F1 -- and I have never been able to get any of them working on my multi-display set up (4 monitors). Is anyone else using multi-mon and are able to use any of these programs?HEY, PAUL. Shoot me IM or an email, let's catch up buddy! I tried to IM you, but I didn't see any link on the forum identity page . . .

Hello! you said you have worked with f1 view module. Do you have any ideas why it's not working in the sim? I would much rather use a freeware add-on than a payware one. Thanks!

Not me, I used ActiveCamera exclusively... Maybe one of the other guys has F1viewer experience... possibly same type of thing as AC though? (numlock, something that has to be enabled etc...)Hey Chuck, hope you are well, PM me...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I've used the F1View module for some years and it has only ever worked for me with the centre mouse wheel, not the keys. The Flight1 download page states that it's for the mouse scroll wheel... sorry.