Sign in to follow this  
Chase Popp

Extending View Limits! Please help!

I have active camera installed, full version. But the controls don't work with num lock on, and I have no idea what to do

Are you in spot DUH I meant VC view and under the Active Camera options do you have the interior view checked and active?Also when you say full version you paid for and got the activation code from Serge or the full version that is limited to Seattle in trial mode? Either or the functionality is the same, one you have to be in Seattle.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul: Where's the link to PM? I couldn't see one on your profile . . .have you shut it off somehow?

FSrecorder is freeware, yes. Here's the link:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=114860&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root...and when you get it installed check these threads for some instructions on using the advanced views:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/351399-fs9-vc-issueandhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/347274-new-aircraft-focus-point-for-fs-recorderhow-to-do-itJim

FSRecorder doesn't really allow you to "walk around" and move about the cabin though, just create static views which is not what the OP was asking for unless I misunderstood.FSRecorder also doesn't allow you to do a pre-flight wa;laround to my knowledge.FSRecorder does allow you to create custom views in both VC and Spot and even add wingviews to FS9 A/C that don't have them though. The combination of AC and FSrecorder is the ultimate solution imho...Also, note the brain fart above, I meant VC view, not spot

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Yes, but "free" was also one of the criteria :( You can walk around the cabin with keystrokes, how do you do it with Active Camera? ...and you can also walk around outside the aircraft (using keystrokes) with FSRecorder if you make an "advanced tower view"?Jim

interesting, I only use FSRecorder for the wingviews and replay options... With Active Camera you move around the VC by using the numpad keys and moving smoothly around and then there is an external walkaround view activated by hitting X that allows you to do pre-flight. Just hit X and then move around.Should probably dig deeper into the FSRecorder features, I do think it is one of the best pieces of software for FS out there...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Here is a great example of AC in action LOL

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

My flightsim is absolutely retarted.I have Active Camera FULL version installed! Paid for, everything.I looked on some manuals about active camera, and they are still wanting me to use the SCROLL WHEEL to go forward and back!!!! :(When I am in the VC, and I press X, it takes me outside where it "looks" the camera is at a standstill, as the plane will go away if I accelerate it.The problem is, How in the crap do I move around!? My computer doesn't respond to any command I do, CTRL+BACKSPACE, nothing!!!This is why I have totally given up on active camera.Thanks for help!

don't give up, a couple of things...1. to see what keys to use go into the ActiveCamera settings and check keyboard assignments. I have customized mine so they won't be the same. By default I think it is the 1-9 on the numerical keypad, hence why I asked if numlock was on and if you were using the numbers on the letters j, k, l,, u, i, o, 7,8 and 9 8 would move forward, k would move back, u left, o right, 7 look left, 9, look right but you can customize them to left arrow, right arrow etc...2. If X is taking you outside you are halfway there, AC is working. That is external view. same keys as above to move around 3. When inside the VC in spot view make sure that interior view is checked and enabled in AC4. Once you are in VC and interior is checked and enabled make sure you are using the right keys from your keyboard settings in ActiveCamera settings.5. Mouse wheel can do different things. In X mode it can turn your head. In VC mode it "can" move your head or zoom in/out but doesn't have to. You can also use keys, joystick hat switch or trackir.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Ok... trying to understand what you are saying; Sorry, I'm still learning english.So, your saying press the j, k, l keys? or turn num lock OFF? Or leave it on? And then it's #1, 2, 3, 4???I tried all, and they all fail to work.Also, I don't know where to find the Control Settings

So on my full keyboard it is the number pad on the right of the keyboard by themsleves not the top of the keyboard. On a laptop those keys are usually the same as numlock on then j k l. If you look on your keyboard you should see little numbers on some letters. Those are your numlock keys... to see settings go into the options activecamera dropdown in your F's menu bar on top of the screen...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Okay, I pressed all the numbers on the numbers you are talking about.... and nothing happens.And I can't find the settings.