Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Best Add-on on a budget

Hello,I am looking for a decent quality aircraft add-on at or under 25 dollars. I am focusing on aircraft and aircraft expansions. Thank-you for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I prefer airliners, but occasionally I fly military aircraft and GA aircraft. At the moment, though, I am interested in the IRIS F-14, PMDG 737-600/700 NGX expansion pack, and the Carenado Cessna 152 II.Which one of these planes is the best?Thank-you for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Out of those three, the PMDG NGX expansion without doubt.However, GA wise, I highly recommend Aerosoft's Diamond DA-20 Katana 4X. It's the most advanced and detailed simulation of a GA. Also worth mentioning is Flight1's BN-2 Islander.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

If you have the NGX then the 600/700 doesn't really offer much in terms of entertainment as It doesn't fly or look very different from the 800/900. How about something cheap from Captainsim? $25 won't get you very far in terms of FSX payware aircraft.

Or save your money and download some of the fabulous freeware available.David Maltby's classic British airliners for example?http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/Brilliant freeware models from Rick Piperhttp://www.btinternet.com/~rick.piper/CheersAdam

Yep or the Aerosoft Katana 4x.... excellent plane with many features for so littlehttp://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11388Ant's stuff is great for little as well:http://www.antsairplanes.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree,The Katana 4X is a Sim within the Sim.Lots of Bang for the Buck!Big Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

If you have the NGX then the 600/700 doesn't really offer much in terms of entertainment as It doesn't fly or look very different from the 800/900.
Of course, if you're mainly an airliner fan, then the 600/700 might just be different enough - especially the 600, which takes off like a rocket and fits into really tight spaces. Up for a bush airliner?But I agree that others would give you a whole different experience. The Katana is like the PMDG version of a GA plane.

Well you cant get the PMDG expansion pack unless you fork out $70 for the base pack. I have both and love them all.Perhaps see if ORBX have anything you want in terms of scenery.

Since you mentioned military planes let me recommend the excellent Milviz T-38. I feel like this plane doesnt get talked about as much as it deserves, nor get the praise it deserves. It's a bit more expensive than your budget tho, i think its around $40.If you want to get something pretty good and cheap then you should wait for one Captain Sims sales, they have a sale a few times per year where every plane is sold for $10 per addon. They have a bunch of pretty good planes, their B757 have just gotten a new service pack which have rectified almost all of the problems that plagued the plane earlier

Lionheart Kodiak or RealAir SF-260.Both are speedy and nicely done.The SF-260 is amazing, and the Kodiak very versatile and amazing value.You mentioned the Carenado 152 which is actually really well done - if you are interested in a bare-bones trainer..

Bert