Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Status Airsimmer Bus?

Hi,I don't want to stir things up in any way, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the status is of the Airsimmer bus?Their forums are not accessible so no clue what current development status is (if any)Are they still working on fixing issues and the advanced version?Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Nothing's going on. There's a new (caretaker?) moderator answering questions and tidying up the old user-made fixes into a single thread and that's about it. Average 1-2 posts a day.No info on any new patch or official update. The devs have most likely abandoned the project because it's been 2 years since release and it's still in a relatively broken state by payware standards.Don't know what's happening about the Extended team forum though.

Hey Egbert,The Basic and Advanced are being worked on, I provide tech support and keep in contact with the devs. Not sure why you are unable to access the tech forum if you own the product. Anyway let be know if you have any issues.I should also point out that I fly both the Basic and now advanced on a daily basis without any major issues after applying the various tweaks and updates posted on the tech forum and ET forum.Regards

Rob Prest

a relatively broken state by payware standards.
A very relatively then, I would say. I am really enjoying the bus with no major stopovers.As for the updates and development, they ARE slow indeed.But I don't blame Rob, he is doing his best. As much as he is able to, I believe.

Not sure why you are unable to access the tech forum if you own the product. Anyway let be know if you have any issues.
Hi Rob,I don't own the bus, hence my curiosity about the status

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I own both the Airsimmer A320 Basic and the QW757. I see them as being aimed at a similar niche in the market. Overall I consider the QW product to be much better as it just works. The Airsimmer product requires much fiddling and tweeking to get it to run reasonably well - and when you do have a good flight, it is a good flight - there is a certain 'something' about this aircraft that I like.. Overall it's ok in my opinion. I didn't ask for a refund and use it from time to time. Rob is a great bloke who really does his best to help people out, along with another chap from Australia I think, whose name escapes me at the moment. The remainder of the team appear to have absolutely no interest in helping or communicating with their customers.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hey Gavin, I totally agree with where you are coming from regarding the team and I have discussed this in depth with the management. After the initial release they took a lot of stick from parts of the community, in many cases due to the fact that they did not have a good support structure In place. They asked me to come onboard to fill that void while they get there heads down and focus on the Advanced for FS9 and FSX, the Advanced is now my main FS9 aircraft and I have been using it as a study sim, nearly all of the remaining quirks in the basic have been resolved but as mentioned most of those quirks can be resolved with with workarounds, fsuipc smoothing options, etc. Anyway, I have mentioned that an update should be provided before January so I'll wait and see. Regards

Rob Prest

Hey Gavin, I totally agree with where you are coming from regarding the team and I have discussed this in depth with the management. After the initial release they took a lot of stick from parts of the community, in many cases due to the fact that they did not have a good support structure In place. They asked me to come onboard to fill that void while they get there heads down and focus on the Advanced for FS9 and FSX, the Advanced is now my main FS9 aircraft and I have been using it as a study sim, nearly all of the remaining quirks in the basic have been resolved but as mentioned most of those quirks can be resolved with with workarounds, fsuipc smoothing options, etc.Anyway, I have mentioned that an update should be provided before January so I'll wait and see.Regards
That sounds all very promising and positive.

there is a certain 'something' about this aircraft that I like
I couldn't agree with you more, Gavin.
most of those quirks can be resolved with with workarounds, fsuipc smoothing options, etc.
Exactly! I also had some problems, as Rob knows well from the AS forum, but I have overcome them all and now my AirSimmer A320 is a very enjoyable addon. Actually it is one of my top favourites.I noticed many people are quickly discouraged when they face some of these problems. And they have a right to be. I was just more patient and I feel rewarded.Again, I am not going to persuade anyone towards this product. All in all it's paid.Just saying it is a great bird if you remain patient and work on it a bit plus Rob is a great help to everyone. smile.pngI also hope to see A319 and 321 and later my beloved A340 from AirSimmer to fulfill my passion for Airbuses.

You guys are lucky, I'm not having much luck getting it fixed myself. My A320 keeps deleting the control axes. (Not using FSUIPC) The aircraft is completely unstable in cruise with severe oscillations from the autopilot after every leg turn, most of them severe enough to send the aircraft out of control due to autopilot load factor disconnect. The speedbrakes doesn't always work and NAV mode doesn't always follow the drawn track e.g. doing turns in the opposite direction. Direct-TO can send the aircraft into an 360 degree orbit. Thrust is a bit strange with climb thrust higher than MCT. (CFM model) Pressurisation rates can swing out of control.To be honest I wouldn't call this anything but broken. If you want a good Airbus wait for FS Labs or Aerosoft Airbus X v2.

I also hope to see A319 and 321 and later my beloved A340 from AirSimmer to fulfill my passion for Airbuses.
I think we'll see a third line of the Warsaw metro before we see an Airsimmer A340 Rafal ;-) Mind you, despite my cautious pessimism, the second line appears to be coming along well, judging by the amount of large holes in town now, so, hopefully I'll be proved wrong again. Happy Independence Day for jutro :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You guys are lucky, I'm not having much luck getting it fixed myself. My A320 keeps deleting the control axes. (Not using FSUIPC) The aircraft is completely unstable in cruise with severe oscillations from the autopilot after every leg turn, most of them severe enough to send the aircraft out of control due to autopilot load factor disconnect. The speedbrakes doesn't always work and NAV mode doesn't always follow the drawn track e.g. doing turns in the opposite direction. Direct-TO can send the aircraft into an 360 degree orbit. Thrust is a bit strange with climb thrust higher than MCT. (CFM model) Pressurisation rates can swing out of control.To be honest I wouldn't call this anything but broken. If you want a good Airbus wait for FS Labs or Aerosoft Airbus X v2.
Hey Iain,I really don't want this to turn into a tech support thread however I need to add that all of your points have been covered multiple times over on the forums. So in case you missed it.1.My A320 keeps deleting the control axes:You only have to do this once, load the aircraft set up your assignments and then click end flight, exit simulator. The assignments will then be saved to a .ini file for the FBW to access.2. The aircraft is completely unstable in cruise with severe oscillations from the autopilot after every leg turn -This only happens if you fly the aircraft at a high gross weight above OPT altitude.The Basic will not calculate OPT altitude for you however you can download charts for free of the net http://www.scribd.com/doc/24151230/Airbus-Aircraft-Performance or just use a rule of thumb, if departing at MTOW then restrict your initial Crz flight level to FL310. If you have issues with roll then disable SEC1 on the overhead during cruise. There is also a FBW update available on the forum.3.The speedbrakes doesn't always workThey do if you include them in your flight control check before departure, you can even do it at the gate by selecting the Yellow Hydraulic pump on the overhead. If NAV does not follow the track then sounds like you need a reinstall and run as admin.4.Direct-TO can send the aircraft into an 360 degree orbit.If you perform a Direct-TO select Abeam points.5.Thrust is a bit strange with climb thrust higher than MCTwhile I type this I am enroute to Dubai passing FL190 climbing to FL340 , CLB thrust is giving me 86% N1 if I advance the the thrust lever to FLX/MCT I get 91% N1 so not sure whats happening on your system.6. Pressurisation rates can swing out of controlPacks off before take off, switch pack 1 back on at Thrust reduction altitude, Pack 2 at Acceleration altitude. if you still have a pressure surge then set to manual, wait 5 seconds then switch back to automatic and the system will change from SYS1 to SYS2Like I said, lets leave this stuff for the tech forum or you are free to PM me anytime, of course you are free to let it gather dust in your virtual hanger which seems a shame.Regards

Rob Prest

If you want a good Airbus wait for FS Labs or Aerosoft Airbus X v2.
You are aware this is an FS9 forum, aren't you? wink.png

I couldn't agree with you more, Gavin.Exactly! I also had some problems, as Rob knows well from the AS forum, but I have overcome them all and now my AirSimmer A320 is a very enjoyable addon. Actually it is one of my top favourites.I noticed many people are quickly discouraged when they face some of these problems. And they have a right to be. I was just more patient and I feel rewarded.Again, I am not going to persuade anyone towards this product. All in all it's paid.Just saying it is a great bird if you remain patient and work on it a bit plus Rob is a great help to everyone. smile.pngI also hope to see A319 and 321 and later my beloved A340 from AirSimmer to fulfill my passion for Airbuses.
I appreciate your optimism Rafal but I am at the end of the line with the A320.Its two years since the basic went live and the only way to get it working well is a lot of 3rd party user fixes and workarounds. Thats not good enough. It still doesn't work well with all of those considered. Flex1978 on the support forums promised work in progress in July, but there is nothing to show for that in November. No official patch, no hot fixes, not a whiff of nothing from the developers. I don't give a fig what Flex involvement is with this but we still don't have a finished product. After two years!If you think this thing will ever be finished you are seriously misguided. Sad but true, and yes a shame because they got so much of it right in many regards, but not where it counts.

Richard Wells

If you think this thing will ever be finished you are seriously misguided
To be honest I have no slightest idea if it is ever finished. Of course I may just be an optimist on that, like you say.But after doing some more and some less serious tweaks I do have this airbus flying fine. Really guys, I am not pulling your legs!And I have been in a desperate need of an Airbus. Wilco one is simply not for me. So what choice did I have? Even FSXers have nothing to choose at the moment.Is this situation exactly as it should be with a payware addon? Surely not. We ALL know that.But sometimes we buy an addon and love it even though we were promised more. For me, personally, it still is worth its price.A similar situation is with Digital Aviation's Fokker. It is a brilliant addon aircraft, one of all times best for the MFS series. But the previously promised virtual cockpit has never and will never come out.I couldn't care less when the bird was out, as I was a 2D panel only type pilot. But now that the iFly 737NG converted me into a VC flyer, I miss a VC in the Fokker.Yesterday I reinstalled my little Fokky and I have just landed in EDDF after a flight from LOWW. The first 2D panel flight for me ever after I bought iFly. ENjoyable? Yes and no. There is just no return for me from 3D to 2D.I call it compromises. I hate them but left with no choice, I just take what there is to be taken.And enjoy it. Voilla! wink.png