Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Status Airsimmer Bus?

Rafal...I agree with you somewhat, particularly with regard to 'less than complete' add-ons, by jingo the Airsimmer certainly qualifies. The love is there....somewhat. I love it and I hate it equally..but that 25% of lost flights to CTDs and beserk ILS and DIRECTTO commands have forced my hand. Its back in the hanger. The bloody NGX doesnt make me curse like this. I'm not going to hold Flex to his word and demand satisfaction at 20 paces, pistols or swords btw... OK it would be nice to see it completed...but really, its not going to happen. From the tone of your post, I think we both know this?

Richard Wells

it would be nice to see it completed...but really, its not going to happen. From the tone of your post, I think we both know this?
I really don't know. I guess I still believe it might happen. But this is just a belief and nothing more. We all know what separates beliefs from science.Frankly, for now I do not think about it too much. If it happens - great! If not - life goes on. When AirSimmer A320 drives me crazy I will park it just like you.I have had a lot of successful flights with it (no CTD's for me, maybe I'm just lucky) and dividing its price by the number of those flights - I call myself a happy simmer.

Well guys I will leave you with this. I find it incredibly frustrating from a simmers point of view that I cannot give a complete picture of the situation right now however there is a good reason for it. I am under NDA so unable to discuss anything in detail in public so let me put it this way, I make no money from sales and am not obliged to stick with this in anyway, however from what I see going on behind the scenes and weekly meetings I am more then happy to stick around. Quite a few company's follow the ' it will be ready when it's ready' philosophy which I have always agreed with, however in the case of airsimmer I decided to give an estimate on an update, thankfully 90% of the users have been patient and understand that it is better to release a virtually flawless product then keep releasing multiple hot fixes, it takes time and schedules change.As mentioned there is a good reason for the delay, in the mean time if you have an issue just let me know. You say the ILS is messed up? I have done hundreds of CATIIIb autolands in this thing right up to it's crosswind limit and I have always been happy to work 1 on 1 with any user that is having issues achieving the same level of succes on each flight.Regards

Rob Prest

They should have made this aircraft have the ability to fly either using the default FS9 GPS mode of they should have made it so you can load your FS9 flightplans into the FMC... too bad on this one. I gave tried them twice getting my refund back both times... Just too buggy.