Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

New Groundroll Sound Enhancement

I have been working on a new Ground-roll sound for about 2 weeks now, I know a lot of us have AES which does provide thumps on the runway but doesn't when taxiing. U do get thuds when taxiing in real life especially over cracks in the tarmac or concrete and lights on the taxi-way joins. If this gets a lot of interest i will upload it for people to have. I personally like it and this is a matter of choice, in order to use this i have had to disable the AES runway thump sounds as it was over kill but now with this i can enjoy the realistic sounds from push back to lift off. They do get faster as well on the runway as your speed progresses.Right guys click to download the ground-roll file. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VRMJ9XXPI didn't provide a read-me, so basically if your NOT an AES user just put the file in the 800NGX & 700NGX sound folder overwriting the originals. **PLEASE BACK IT UP FIRST GUYS **If you are an AES user then follow the instructions above and make sure you remove the 2 RWlamps WAVE sounds in the AES sound folder backing them up first incase your not keen on mine, this can be found like this. - Microsoft flight simulator X / Aerosoft / AES / sound .. I believe they are the 2 files 4th & 5th from the bottom. don't delete AES_THUMPS this is the ground crew knocking file.

I would be interested in giving it a try.
Ok well im just wrapping it up with a read me. so bare with me guys ..I actually tried it again earlier looking over the wing as taxiing and it really does sound real m8

Ok guys download like is at the top of thread now! any questions ask me Please back up all your originals incase its not what you want

Maybe a silly question, but will this file work if i just drop in into the sound file for the QW757?TIA

Looking forward to try this out when I get home tonight, thanks for sharing!

Richard Åsberg

Maybe a silly question, but will this file work if i just drop in into the sound file for the QW757?TIA
I believe by that you mean the Qualitywings 757 . I would say so but you would have to rename the file for that aircraft m8

Most likely a stupid question, but what file should i overwrite? there is no files in my pmdg sound folder called PMDG737NGX_GRND?Perhaps a little more detailed instruction for us noobs:-)/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Most likely a stupid question, but what file should i overwrite? there is no files in my pmdg sound folder called PMDG737NGX_GRND?Perhaps a little more detailed instruction for us noobs:-)/Niklas Eriksson
Yeah sorry guys in the aircraft folders for the 800 ngx & 700 ngx there are sound folders and you should overwrite in them the 800 controls the 800 -900 and the 700 controls the 600- 700 its the third sound down i think

Hi Steve.Im sorry i still cant find what file to overwrite... the third file down is "APU.wav" so I doubt that is the correct file:)Great work though, cant wait to test it.../Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Hi Steve.Im sorry i still cant find what file to overwrite... the third file down is "APU.wav" so I doubt that is the correct file:)Great work though, cant wait to test it.../Niklas Eriksson
Your in the wrong sound folder :) You need to be in the actual aircraft sound folder m8 simobjects ariplanes 800 ngx - 700ngx etc you get me chap if not come back to me

That did it ;-) so... sorry, my mistake! The reason for this mistake however was that the landing sound that is published here, was supposed to be put in "another" sound folder...:-)

Niklas Eriksson