Sign in to follow this  
wigerup

Save a flightplan

I have tried to read all the manuals, just to find how I save a flightplan in CDU and how to pick it up. I can not fin it andI can not figured it out!!.Can anyone help meKind RegardsBjorn

To pick up a created Flightplan, just write like this example in scratchpad EHAMEGLLand then upselect it to CO-ROUTE. (You´ll have to put the plan in your PMDG Flightplan folder though)I think you could also save an Active Flightplan incl your Dep Rwy, Appr Rwy,SID, STAR and Trans(when you have inserted that in your plan). Should be somewhere in the CDU showing SAVE or SAVING ROUTE....Never use that feature myself, since I always create new Rwy with Sid and Stars...../ Leffe

A. Read a flightplan(a.1) Press CO ROUTE in RTE page without anything in the scratchpad. All available flightplans are shown. You can filter by entering characters in the scratchpad. Example your are searching for a flightplan between KSFO and KLAX. Enter KSF in the scratchpad. All flightplans saved in a file with name starting from KSF will appear. Select and EXEC.(a.2) In the RTE page enter the filename of the route you are interested in. E.g. LGAVEGLL (you do not enter the .rte extension) Upload in the CO ROUTE entry by pressing L2. EXEC.B. Save flightplan from within the FMC.(b.1) Enter the filename you wish to save the flightplan in (you do NOT enter the .rte extension). Usually DEPTDEST. Example you want to save a route between Frankfurt and London Heathrow. Enter EDDFEGLL in the scratchpad and press save. EXEC. The flightplan is saved in the <fsx>/PMDG/FlightPlans/NGX folder as EDDFEGLL.rte(b.2) Press <SAVE without anything in the scratchpad. The flightplan will be saved in a file with name DEPTDESTxxx.rte, where DEPT is the departure ICAO, DEST is the destination ICAO and xxx is an increasing number based on how many flightplans between these two airports already exist. C. A valid flightplan for read or write in the <fsx_root>/PMDG/flightplan (optional NGX) folder requires at minimum :(c.1) The plane on ground before takeoff, ie. the FMC in pre flight state.(c.2) A valid departure (ie. airport in database). If a runway is selected it must be a valid runway in the database.(c.3) A valid destination (as above)

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================