Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Networked ASE won't work

After reinstalling Win 7 x64 premium and FSX on my main sim computer ASE on a secondary computer won't work any more. After answering prompt on where my FSX folder is I recieve an error message, Database write corruption problemYour station database could not be updatedI have shared the three folders mentioned in the manual. But the main FSX folder denies access when trying to open it even though it's displayed on the secondary computer. I forgot to change the default installation folder during the installation. So first I would ask this.Can you confirm that placing FSX outside the default program files (x86) folder is a must in order to get the network between FSX and ASE to function? If not what do I do?

Hello,"But the main FSX folder denies access when trying to open it even though it's displayed on the secondary computer."I am not sure what this means. Can you elaborate with more specifics? If the folder is not accessible to the client, then obviously there is going to be a problem when ASE needs to access files there. This is a networking issue that is outside the realm of ASE. Networking access must be proper."Can you confirm that placing FSX outside the default program files (x86) folder is a must in order to get the network between FSX and ASE to function?"It doesn't matter where FSX is located. But it must be a valid installation and must be accessible.It sounds like security issues with your networking configuration. First make sure that you can properly share and access all locations from the client. If you have problems perhaps try the other resources and forums here on AVSIM for expertise. Or perhaps someone here can chime in. There are many things that can go wrong with networking in windows, and is very much outside the scope of ASE.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

"Can you confirm that placing FSX outside the default program files (x86) folder is a must in order to get the network between FSX and ASE to function?"Yes and no - this is a perfect example of what *can* happen when FSX is installed to the default W7 folder. However, there are various posts around that get into how you can possibly avoid this but the simplest way is to install FSX to it's own folder outside of the C:ProgramFiles(x86) folder. That will remove one obstacle - next you have to insure that your networking is properly set up and go from there.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello, "But the main FSX folder denies access when trying to open it even though it's displayed on the secondary computer." I am not sure what this means. Can you elaborate with more specifics? If the folder is not accessible to the client, then obviously there is going to be a problem when ASE needs to access files there. This is a networking issue that is outside the realm of ASE. Networking access must be proper. "Can you confirm that placing FSX outside the default program files (x86) folder is a must in order to get the network between FSX and ASE to function?" It doesn't matter where FSX is located. But it must be a valid installation and must be accessible. It sounds like security issues with your networking configuration. First make sure that you can properly share and access all locations from the client. If you have problems perhaps try the other resources and forums here on AVSIM for expertise. Or perhaps someone here can chime in. There are many things that can go wrong with networking in windows, and is very much outside the scope of ASE.
The folder was not accesible to the client. For me it seems to matter were FSX is located. After reinstalling it outside the default folder I could share and access it right away.
"Can you confirm that placing FSX outside the default program files (x86) folder is a must in order to get the network between FSX and ASE to function?" Yes and no - this is a perfect example of what *can* happen when FSX is installed to the default W7 folder. However, there are various posts around that get into how you can possibly avoid this but the simplest way is to install FSX to it's own folder outside of the C:ProgramFiles(x86) folder. That will remove one obstacle - next you have to insure that your networking is properly set up and go from there. Vic
Yes seems to be the right answer. I have read posts about how to edit permission etc. And no matter how and what I did the folder was not possible to access on networked computer.