Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

does anybody else have course changes while on appproach

Ronny!Go to your PROFILE>MY SETTINGS>SIGNATURE.There you can point your mouse at the bottom below your comp specs and name, simply use backspaceso you return just beneath your name, then save it.You download the Magvar file for FSX (2010) Read the read me file.The file should then go to Scenery>Base>Scenery. But make a backup first ofyour current file./ Leffe

Ronny!Also keep in mind that if you use the default rwy scenery in FSX, that many airports have changed rwy andILS freq and course you also need to update those.Usually I check with a chart first and compare the freq in FSX with a little program called ADE_150 (AFCAD program)That program and similar program you can d/l for free on the net. Just search for ADE or AFCAD program on the net.When you search for new AFCAD files on Avsim or Flightsim.com just search for (example) "EKCH Afcad"New AFCAD files goes to X>Addon Sceneryscenery in your FSX and you can only have one there for the same airport.A new AFCAD usually also have more "Real life" parking for diffr ac companies. It depends how much effortsthe author have put into it.Here are some new AFCAD files you can search for if you use those default airports:Search for Ray Smith. He´s the guy making those AFCAD files. (There are lots of other too made by other guys)Default FSX Airport UpdatesEDDK - CologneEGNX - East MidlandsKATL - AtlantaKBWI - BaltimoreKCLT - CharlotteKCVG - CincinnatiKDEN - DenverKEWR - NewarkKGSP - GreenvilleKIAD - Washington DCKMIA - MiamiKOAK - OaklandKONT - OntarioKPHL - PhiladelphiaKPHX - PhoenixKSEA - SeattleKSLC - Salt Lake CityLIRF - RomeNFFN - FijiNSTU - Pago PagoNZAA - AucklandOMDB - DubaiPANC - AnchorageRJAA - TokyoRJTT - TokyoRPLL - ManilaSBKP - CampinasWIII - JakartaWMKK - MalaysiaYPPH - PerthYSSY - Sydney/ Leffe

Here is a screenie from that AFCAD program I have.Here I opened KDEN which I have in......Addon Scenery\scenery since it´s a new AFCAD for Denver default airport./ Leffe

+1 on the Avsim AFCAD library. Great stuff being done by people. AFCAD addresses the navaids and runway usage as well. -1 to Ronny <last name>, what the hell are you doing with your signiture?

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

going along this topic...I tried the RNAV approach to rwy 19 at KDCA...all was going well, until just before turning final, the FMS added a great big orbit to the right hand side!!! I tried the same approach twice more, and the same thing happened....the orbit does not get added until just before reaching the waypoint...am I looking at a NAVIGRAPH problem or FMS?Will Reynolds

Leffe or anybody else, which file do yu download from the Magvar file for FSX (2010) there s like 3 files all looking the same, maybe I am having some kind of a memory lapse. Also I landed on runway 4 atLaGuardia right on the center line, but then wheni went to l land in Philly on 9l landed to the right of the centerline almost off the runway. do you have toSET FSX LOC CRS" in the CDU PMDG- do you have to set that on or off?Please need help on these 2 issues, Ronny

I haven used the 737 for a while but I'll try to help. The set FSX LOC CRS makes it easier to fly a localiser as it adjusts the course to match the heading given by the localiser automatically, without the consideration if the data is outdated, or different from your charts. This should work for most cases. However, for some airports(maybe the ones you experienced centerline issues), the FSX LOC CRS doesnt not really work because the 'hidden' heading for those airports is wrong. The local mag variation, like what ryan said, is incorrect. Thus the MCP auto sets a course that is different from the local heading reference because of this mag variation mismatch. You wont see this on the ND, but when capturing the localiser, you will notice it , like how you did.If i recall the solution from pre-SP1, (i haven used the plane after SP1), you have to either-fix the local magnetic variations. This is tedious as it involved fixing the scenery files for all airports with issues that you use, hundreds of airports in FSX probably have this due to seriously outdated data,or you can download some of the fixed afcad files proposed by Leffe . But if you encounter another airport not covered by this list, you'll have the offset issue. I believe the easy, apply for all, global, 2010 magvar file does not solve this issue, it helps with aligning the ND to latest AIRAC data, but not localisers.-the other is to disable SET FSX LOC CRS, giving you freedom to adjust the course indicator. FOr the incorrect localisers, you must set 'incorrect' course settings to get the plane on centre. How much left or right to correct is a bit of experimentation. Usually it is a few degrees needed.Im not sure if SP1 fixed it so my points are valid or not, but from what you mentioned, it looks like this its the same situation. Anyway, you can correct me if im wrong on some of them.Regards, Marcus Jian

marus, I will definitely give it a shot in disabling the SET FSX LOC CRS, it also seems will never get it right.

Hmmm, but proper FSX data doesnt necessarily mean correct data, if the FSX data is wrong in the first place. Somehow if rsperge did not get the desired localiser path when using that feature, maybe try turning it off and trying another technique for that particular ILS.marcus Jian

Ok, i think for now there are 2 choices for him.- leave SET FSX CRS on, fine for most airports. But may cause centreline issues for certain ones.- disable SET FSX CRS, means you have to manually set the course for all airports, will get a bit messy, and you have to use experimentation to line up the ILS, especially if your charts, the AIRAC data, or airport headings or any of the combinations do not match. But you can avoid the centreline issue because the course knob is not fixed in this case. This method may also be unrealistic. (pilots dont tune around the course knobs to line up the plane, they already know what course to enter)Regards Marcus Jian

now I just did a landing at Fort Lauderdale on 27r and bingo was right on the centerline, and this time I had it disabled, seems a lot of inconsistancy.. Things just don't seem to be stable, and I did download the new magdec.bgl and replaced it with the new one for 2010 and backed u the oriiginal copy as well. But yet when I went to Philly Int. on eitheer 27 aor runway 9r I believe did not land on the centerline, n facwhen I approached both runways I was to the right all the way over. Concluding things are very inconsistent here, its like a crap shoot. Hopefully we can ge this corrected, seems there is a lot of confusion. With my other planes in my pr0file never had a problem about the centerline on the runway.

You called it right I am really confused now!!!For example did the same flight from Lagurardia airport taking off on runway 31 and landing at Philadelphia international 27r still either way could not line up to the center line, when it was enabled the fsx loc crs course reading changed from 265 to 268, and when it was disabled I just let it go at 265 and stilll was not even close to lining up on 27rWhat shoould I di here ? Maybe someone elsed wants to try it as well see their results Also used that download magdec.bgl in additin with the utility MagVarCorrector. exeMaybe someone else can try to land at this runway 27r in Phillyh at the center line as well and not too the way right.

to see this airport's error. spawn on runway 27R. notice the magnetic heading on the 737 as 268.Now go to FSX map (you need to pause the sim), under world | map. investigate runway 27R and its ILS, they will report 265.This 268, 265 difference is what causing the misalignment. The scenery local mag var does not match the global ones at those coordinates.You fix this you have to download the specific scenery bgl file for that particular airport, either from someone who corrected it, or if youcorrect it yourself using some airport editor.I tested that airport, I adjusted the course until it was 266, then i had nice centreline landing. You can give 266 a try.The FSX SET CRS settings of 268 brings you too much to the right.using the manual course adjustment method, if you are too much to the right, decrease course, too much left, increase it.marcus jian

i'm going to give it a try but one thing do I set up the fsx loc course reading enabled to disable it ??? thanks for so much for testing it out.