Sign in to follow this  
frankinbahia

G1000 panels, in late 2011?

Any current user information on the Mindstar or CLS G1000 panel? I've read on other forums that Mindstar appears to have stopped G1000 development, and no one's posted anything on CLS's G1000 forum since 2009. I read good initial reviews on both products but would prefer to go with one that's still actively supported. Anyone have some experiences this year? Thanks! Frank

Can't speak to CLS situation but we allow the Mindstar G1000 integration into our Diamond DA42 Twinstar if folks wish to replace our own accurate build of DA42 Twinstar G1000.They are still in operation albeit busy which equals slow....cool.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have the Mindstar G1000 and have been very happy with it. I agree, however, that development seems to be proceeding at a glacial pace. There has never been any official update since I purchased it years ago, only unofficial "beta" updates, which you only find out about by emailing the developer and asking if there is any newer version available. :(That said, I enjoy using the product and have had no major problems with the gauges.

Graeme Butler

Yes - the current public version of the gauge is 2.0.44. You just need to email Mindstar support and request the latest version (for your sim/operating system).

Graeme Butler

Interesting as I'm contemplating the eaglesoft DA42. I've heard nothing but great comments on the plane. And the mindstar solution is attractive because it's the only indepth G1000 simulation for FS9 ever. How does the combo work, especially in VC? Any other bugs other than the RPM issue? Any input or shots welcome because there is next to none on the internet.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

No bugs in VC or other than the RPM which is being addressed...cool.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png