Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Sound is so important in a simulator. This is the first jet addon for FSX that really came with a soundset I did not have to fiddle with at all! However, I was using a replacement ground rumble / rattle sound other than the default PMDG one which was too steady and quiet. Other than that I loved the NGX sound set.. until you guys made this little update! Great job... I just can't do it justice until everyone is out of the house and I can crank up the volume... wife and kids think I'm cookoo if I want it that loud, yet for some reason the TV has Spongebob on loud enough to hear it across the street... but I digress...
:) Thank you for your Kind words

for some reason the TV has Spongebob on loud enough to hear it across the street...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one !!

could you just dump them all (to be sure I test the most up to date version) of the files to my share?I move the Taxi/ AMPed Taxi to your share.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

You said the PMDG 50% sound settings is recommended.. could you tell me those settings used in fsx default sounds and the pmdg fmc sound page? Thanks! Trying this out today!-Brandon

You said the PMDG 50% sound settings is recommended.. could you tell me those settings used in fsx default sounds and the PMDG FMC sound page? Thanks! Trying this out today!-Brandon
Yeah as PMDG recommended 50% FSX and 50% in the FMC on the aircraft m8.Personally i make the ambient sound in the FMC read : 50% to as it is alittle loud for me personally choice all the same

Yeah as PMDG recommended 50% FSX and 50% in the FMC on the aircraft m8.Personally i make the ambient sound in the FMC read : 50% to as it is alittle loud for me personally choice all the same
Once again, thanks I am loving the sounds. One question, if I make a copy of the nosegeargroundroll.wav file and rename the copy to pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav the sound won't automatically sound louder when viewed through cabin view, correct? If so, how can I make this copy louder as I prefer this sound to the included pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav for the cabin sounds? Thanks.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Once again, thanks I am loving the sounds. One question, if I make a copy of the nosegeargroundroll.wav file and rename the copy to pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav the sound won't automatically sound louder when viewed through cabin view. If so, how can I make this copy louder as I prefer this sound to the included pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav? Thanks.
Ok i think i know what you mean. What me and Joel did was create a spit file one for the back gear and one for the nose. Now you want the nose-gear sound for the slow taxi aswell . but it's not louder enough is that correct.. ?That file would have to be remastered and amped in order for it to play louder in that area my friend,If you listen to the sound via the cabin view they should actually sound louder. give it a try and let me know

Ok i think i know what you mean. What me and Joel did was create a spit file one for the back gear and one for the nose. Now you want the nose-gear sound for the slow taxi aswell . but it's not louder enough is that correct.. ?That file would have to be remastered and amped in order for it to play louder in that area my friend,If you listen to the sound via the cabin view they should actually sound louder. give it a try and let me know
You are correct, it dose sound louder by simply renaming it to the sound that is supposed to play in the cabin view. Thanks Steve, and once again, this package is amazing.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

You are correct, it dose sound louder by simply renaming it to the sound that is supposed to play in the cabin view. Thanks Steve, and once again, this package is amazing.
You are totally welcome glad you are enjoying it. There could be updated files coming later with bassier REV from within the cockpitAnyone experienced the nose gear touchdown effect yet as the front gear hits the deck the sound automatically starts to play

You are totally welcome glad you are enjoying it. There could be updated files coming later with bassier REV from within the cockpitAnyone experienced the nose gear touchdown effect yet as the front gear hits the deck the sound automatically starts to play
I do, its awesome!!
Yes Sir
Hey, in tel aviv??