Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Yeah i can see bare with me guysI think megaupload are working on site as its appears to be there but not all the time Joel can you drop this in the drop box m8

when i click on your link thats what it says: The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Daniel

Yeah i can see bare with me guysI think megaupload are working on site as its appears to be there but not all the timeJoel can you drop this in the drop box m8
what file are we talking about the GRND?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The new one yeah but i amped it about so if you take the one i sent you earlier Joel and up the amps abit then upload it m8 would be great thanks

here you go guyshttp://www.multiupload.com/I5QW2D93R5Steve the Amped is at your box

Joel Strikovsky

ohh boy.I got the Mrs at bed now sleeping, so I can work on those now freely :)I am testing those now on the FSX.

Joel Strikovsky

ohh boy.I got the Mrs at bed now sleeping, so I can work on those now freely :)I am testing those now on the FSX.
Ok m8 good good tell me what you think to the nose gear sound and the reverser's because i've been watching hundreds of vids on youtube and what i hear is what i've done m8

Guys, really appreciate all the work you are putting into this but when taxiing I still do not hear the PMDG737NGX_GRND sound effect, I downloaded the latest single Wav file, placed it into my NGX 800 Sound folder, overwriting the previous version which was slightly larger file size. Cockpit or the three cabin wing views dont play what I can hear in media player. I cant hear any of the great thumps and rattlessad.png

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

just a reminder, that anyone having any pause or stutter on touchdown, do what I have done... eliminate ALL tweaks you've ever seen.... everyone of them.... I found my NGX ran the very finest, on a newly rebuilt FSX.cfg from scratch.... the only tweaks I have are TBM to 80 and I use the tree and building autogen tweak... that's it.. .no highmem, bufferpool or nothin! I threw them all out with GREAT success... and found yes, the NGX and FSX frame rates may be a little less than with all the tweaks, but all the stutters, slowdowns and landing pauses are GONZO!!!! worked for me... tweakless flying is great after months of pulling my hair out!!!

Guys, really appreciate all the work you are putting into this but when taxiing I still do not hear the PMDG737NGX_GRND sound effect, I downloaded the latest single Wav file, placed it into my NGX 800 Sound folder, overwriting the previous version which was slightly larger file size. Cockpit or the three cabin wing views dont play what I can hear in media player. I cant hear any of the great thumps and rattlessad.png
the Taxi sound (PMDG737NGX_GRND) is really tricky, it is hardly heard from the cockpit , but you could hear it very softly if you pay attention to it.the "great thumps and rattle" which you are referring to, are actually not generated from the Taxi sound file (PMDG737NGX_GRND), but from the nose gear / roll file (PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav),this sound kicks in at Appx 70knt or above, so essentially you would hear those sound right after touchdown (roll) or/and at take off run.I personalty did not change the Taxi sound from the default , I left it as it is as I think it's ok an I found it really hard making it sound rightand loop without it sounding monotonic.my Main punch IMO was the touchdown sound and the nose gear / roll, that is where I mainly put my effort on making it.Steve emphasized his work on the Taxi (which he loves) and enhancing the nose gear sound I created, tweaking it and adding some rattling sound to it.he also tweaked the speed brakes & Reverser.I am not sure if we released that version yet, I need to check this out with Steve.

Joel Strikovsky