Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

SteveThis is bizarre. Out of the WAV files in the Zip File I can only find one original which is located in SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 737-800NGX and that is the GRND.wav. Attached is a copy of the 737NGX Folder which which does not contain a Various Folder and no WAV files are to be found within the 737NGX Folder. The folder option in the Control Panel is set to display all files and folders including system files. The sequence of events for the 737NGX install was August 9th or 10th install 8900 base pack, install Hot Fix 3, install SP1, install 6700. Last weekend uninstall 8900 base pack and uninstall 6700. Reinstall 8900 base pack, SP1, and 6700. I did this to correct an issues within the FMC that I was not satisfied with.

it could be tricky I know.you should look in Microsoft Flight Simulator XSoundPMDG737NGXVariousand not in Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGPMDG 737 NGXI believed I mentioned that in the readme

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Another solution is to use a different default ground roll sound all together, the main one on the aircraft.cfg..... there are many neat ones available for download.. I have been using one for years that I customized with various thumps, rattles, bangs and shakes.... that are caused by lumpy runways, centerline lights etc... but I can't upload mine because I believe I did modify pre-existing groundroll sounds from someone else who had it online first, don't know whom exactly -so can't upload it... but they are worth trying...the default PMDG one is what it sounds like on a ssssmmmmoooothhhhh new runway, or what the actual Level D sims sound like... too quiet in my mind... real runways like real roads are lumpy, have lots of grooves for water drainage and other stuff that can really shake a cockpit at 130 kts !!

the Taxi sound (PMDG737NGX_GRND) is really tricky, it is hardly heard from the cockpit , but you could hear it very softly if you pay attention to it.the "great thumps and rattle" which you are referring to, are actually not generated from the Taxi sound file (PMDG737NGX_GRND), but from the nose gear / roll file (PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav),this sound kicks in at Appx 70knt or above, so essentially you would hear those sound right after touchdown (roll) or/and at take off run.I personalty did not change the Taxi sound from the default , I left it as it is as I think it's ok an I found it really hard making it sound rightand loop without it sounding monotonic.my Main punch IMO was the touchdown sound and the nose gear / roll, that is where I mainly put my effort on making it.Steve emphasized his work on the Taxi (which he loves) and enhancing the nose gear sound I created, tweaking it and adding some rattling sound to it.he also tweaked the speed brakes & Reverser.I am not sure if we released that version yet, I need to check this out with Steve.
I just do not hear ANY taxi sound, if I play Steves file in media player I can clearly hear the sound of thumps as the wheels go over bumps, as you do in the real cabin, even changing views to the cabin wing views its exactly the same...nothing, just the normal engine sound, I overwrote original PMDG file then overwrote it again with yesterdays modified one to no avail. It's not the end of the world...just wondering why I don't hear it...its as if this sound file isnt registered in the sound.ini which I haven't checked yet

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I just do not hear ANY taxi sound, if I play Steves file in media player I can clearly hear the sound of thumps as the wheels go over bumps, as you do in the real cabin, even changing views to the cabin wing views its exactly the same...nothing, just the normal engine sound, I overwrote original PMDG file then overwrote it again with yesterdays modified one to no avail. It's not the end of the world...just wondering why I don't hear it...its as if this sound file isnt registered in the sound.ini which I haven't checked yet
YOUR right i have the same problem, its not a big deal and i appreciate all of their hard work

it could be tricky I know.you should look in Microsoft Flight Simulator XSoundPMDG737NGXVariousand not in Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGPMDG 737 NGXI believed I mentioned that in the readme
JoelThanks for the reply. Found the WAV files in MSFS. I guess I can look at a path 20 times and not see it. What the eyes see does not go to the brain. Thanks, againMichael Cubine

I added some Volume to the Taxi sound for those who find it hard hearing it.Note: the volume of the Taxi sound from the cockpit would still be relatively low , it's more like a background sound and is not that significantas the nose gear roll. from the Passenger side window view it should be a bit louder.http://www.multiupload.com/6SPEP4AJNO D/L and replace the existing PMDG737NGX_GRND.wav file.(Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-800NGXsound)Don't forget to backup the Original PMDG sound file

Joel Strikovsky

Guys, I'm really embarrassed to say this as I've just been testing this sound file on a saved flight along a 'runway' and wasnt getting the taxi sounds at all, turned onto a taxiway and beyond 10 knots I can now hear it LOLI didnt realise PMDG had different sounds for both...feel somewhat foolish nowblink.png

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I am working on a new Taxi sound now.I believe it's going to be very good one :)I'll keep you posted.

Joel Strikovsky

I am waiting for Steve.He's got the bug, so I am waiting for Steve to feel better and we will continue working on it.

Joel Strikovsky

just a reminder, that anyone having any pause or stutter on touchdown, do what I have done... eliminate ALL tweaks you've ever seen.... everyone of them.... I found my NGX ran the very finest, on a newly rebuilt FSX.cfg from scratch.... the only tweaks I have are TBM to 80 and I use the tree and building autogen tweak... that's it.. .no highmem, bufferpool or nothin! I threw them all out with GREAT success... and found yes, the NGX and FSX frame rates may be a little less than with all the tweaks, but all the stutters, slowdowns and landing pauses are GONZO!!!! worked for me... tweakless flying is great after months of pulling my hair out!!!
Peter, just so you know, Highmemfix is not a TWEAK, it is a FIX. Stick it back in.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Good morning guys i'm back now.. Didn't feel to well yesterday so.. Ok Reverser's i will be sorting it out with Joel today..