Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

These Reverse sounds have been enhanced for interior only. like cockpit & cabin views as before the closer to the engines via cabin view the more you will hear them , i have added a slight amount of deep bass just to give the impression of power being thrown backwards. Don't expect to much as i didn't want to over kill it. People with separate SUB units will benefit more i use Sennheiser's and i can here it quite well.. Just nice a deep feeling when they are in use..Regards Steve.

Looking forward to it and thanks again guys for your work with the sounds! I especially like the improved sound on the runway where you hear the same sounds you hear IRL when rolling over the embedded rwy lights etc, very authentic!Maybe I missed it but did you also modify the sound of the speedbrakes when in use?

Richard Åsberg

Yeah i did but im going to revisit that one after the revs because i think its could do with coming up alittle just trying to enhance the depth in some sounds to get that realistic feeling

Please find the link for updated versions.. http://www.mediafire...orcxaeykyeadkyiRight guys just an update as we move forward.Place the PMDG737NGX_GRND & PMDG737NGX_REV2 - PMDG737NGX_REV1 into the 800NGX Sound Folder.This is via the airplane simobjects path.. Back-up any originals or previous version if your not keen on these. If you have the 600/700 too, you will need to also copy and drop these into the 700NGX sound folder.As for the PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll Just drop that into the PMDG Various sound folder overwriting any previous version but make sure you back up guys'.. Should you struggle here it can be found like this.Microsoft Flight Simulator X.. / Sounds / PMDG / 737NGX / Various..Regards Steve.Please let us know what your views are on these especially the included rattle after 70 knots RW.. RUN & Reverse as i have applied a little boom :)

Well... i tried it and regarding the roll sound i think that rattle sounds a bit weird, and i think you added too much bass now so the effect of hitting the runway's lights or bumps is kinda distorted so i prefer the old one atm.Reverse sounds are fine and awesomeSame for the taxi sound, it sounds great but you added it too much bass so it sounds distorted

Well... i tried it and regarding the roll sound i think that rattle sounds a bit weird, and i think you added too much bass now so the effect of hitting the runway's lights or bumps is kinda distorted so i prefer the old one atm.Reverse sounds are fine and awesomeSame for the taxi sound, it sounds great but you added it too much bass so it sounds distorted
Ok m8 will take alook maybe its your set up because mine is certainly not distorting. So Your not keen on the rattle on the nosegearroll . revs are ok .. but taxiing one is to loudJust letting you guys know of course these are optional files if you don't like then just revert back to the set you do. Regards Steve.I guess we all have different tastes:)

I'm not sure whether i like the rattling now or not :) .. Some videos on you-tube show that sound some don't just a matter of choice which is why i created it hoping some guys will like and obviously the previous sound is the same without the rattling Can someone tell me if they have external speakers and use a bass box if the Reverser's are nice and deepThanks Steve

Just sounds for enhancement for everyone to enjoy, which Joel got copyright permission from Just planes for use of sounds see beginning of thread ..

So Steve this last download is a combo of all the other downloads all in one zip to use, thanks guys for the hard work have to give this a go.

Rich Sennett

Ok m8 will take alook maybe its your set up because mine is certainly not distorting. So Your not keen on the rattle on the nosegearroll . revs are ok .. but taxiing one is to loudJust letting you guys know of course these are optional files if you don't like then just revert back to the set you do.Regards Steve.I guess we all have different tastes:)
Taxiing sound is not too loud, its just to deep ;)

Pretty much i have enhanced some of them and i know Joel is currently working on new sounds as we speak . guys these are all for you to enjoy and im sure you can appreciate that some will not be to all's tastes, but we will try and accomadate most if not everyones taste so by the end of it you guys will have such a selection you will be able to put in which ones sound best for you .. To get a great overall

Sorry guys, I have been called to work since this morning, we have a miniature critical situation with our AD DS.so I am on this since this morning.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg