Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

sounds nice, the problem is that it has the Engine background sound with it.

so it's annoying when you trim on the ground, etc.

Yeah that's what I feared would be the case.

Guys, as to the ground roll and nose gear sounds, I hardly can hear them, What should I do in order to hear them louder? I tried all volume settings inside FSX and the 737 CDU, but nothing changes.

James Goggi

Guys, as to the ground roll and nose gear sounds, I hardly can hear them, What should I do in order to hear them louder? I tried all volume settings inside FSX and the 737 CDU, but nothing changes.

You sure you put them in the right folder. I once also couldn't hear those sounds, until I realized they were in the wrong directory :D.

You sure you put them in the right folder. I once also couldn't hear those sounds, until I realized they were in the wrong directory :D.

Absolutely sure, even because I hear those sounds, but the volume is very low and it's quite audible only at high rolling speeds, i.e. after 100-120 knots, so only for a few instants before taking off or after landing. When the airplanes moves on the ground at taxi speeds, they are barely audible.

James Goggi

Absolutely sure, even because I hear those sounds, but the volume is very low and it's quite audible only at high rolling speeds, i.e. after 100-120 knots, so only for a few instants before taking off or after landing. When the airplanes moves on the ground at taxi speeds, they are barely audible.

Ok to start with the sounds have been created for realistic audio volumes... Based on the volume settings for the PMDG manual... i have my Windows volume to 80% & i set the volumes in the PMDG FMC to 50%.. the groundroll taxi sound is louder heard from the cabin. and the ground roll nosewheel sound is there and will sound from 70 knots as thats the way PMDG programmed the Gauge... yes it will get louder at speed because if you think about it going faster hitting the centre line will produce louder thuds....

I tried to creat a nice sound but at the same time make it realistic and not to over powering in the cockpit my friend...

*Regards Steve

Ok to start with the sounds have been created for realistic audio volumes... Based on the volume settings for the PMDG manual... i have my Windows volume to 80% & i set the volumes in the PMDG FMC to 50%.. the groundroll taxi sound is louder heard from the cabin. and the ground roll nosewheel sound is there and will sound from 70 knots as thats the way PMDG programmed the Gauge... yes it will get louder at speed because if you think about it going faster hitting the centre line will produce louder thuds....

I tried to creat a nice sound but at the same time make it realistic and not to over powering in the cockpit my friend...

*Regards Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for replying.

I am looking for maximum realism, too, no over-power at all. I have done lots of flights in the cockpit and the sounds of structure and wheels during taxiing are in fact much louder than those I hear in the NGX, including the loud "thumps" of wheels hitting the lamps during landing deceleration. Ok for the sounds louder with speed, but at low speed I almost hear nothing.

James Goggi

ONLY DOWNLOAD THESE BELOW IF YOU HAVE REQUESTED LOUDER SOUNDS ......

As promised I have tweeked the AMPS alittle for those of you who wish to have these sounds alittle louder....

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR ORIGINALS FIRST GUYS I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH ! ! !

http://www.mediafire.com/?wlyip518l7t44ny = Nosewheelroll WITHOUT RATTLE

http://www.mediafire.com/?zg3suygyfb3uub8 = Nosewheelroll ( WITH RATTLE) and Groundroll Taxi Sound ** IF YOU NEED THE GROUNDROLL TAXI SOUND THEN YOU STILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS AS IT IS IN THE DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire...hywtwbm2v11sa1l = Nosewheelroll ( V5 )

Well Steve, I'am happy to take a few moments of my time to thank you very much for this work, it's wonder of you. Thank you very much.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Steve, Joel,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for the work you guys have put in. These small touches have made a orders of magnitude in difference with respect to immersion in the sim. We'll all be anxious for you to do something similar for the 777 when it comes out!

Thanks for taking the hobby to new heights.

Sam Kharey

Great work Steve. Many thanks.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you guys for your kind words.... I will be away again now for a while as im working on the Airbus with Aerosoft now.. so catch up soon ...