Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

That is very sad to hear, my best wishes for his speedy recovery.

23.png

Gents -

I just bought the -600/700 expansion, and have noticed that the nose gear ground roll sound an brief moment BEFORE the nose gear actually touches down. Has anyone experienced and have a solution?

Steven - wishing you a speedy recovery back to health. I am a loyal "customer" of your amazing work - looking forward to all your creative output when you're feeling better again.

Thank you,

Sam Kharey

I just bought the -600/700 expansion, and have noticed that the nose gear ground roll sound an brief moment BEFORE the nose gear actually touches down. Has anyone experienced and have a solution?

SOLVED: For anyone else experiencing this, I used Audacity (sound editor) to add a 500 millisecond silence at the beginning of the 737NoseGearRoll.wav file. This made the nose gear touchdown sync up with the actual touchdown; it worked perfectly for the -600 and -700, but I may have ruined it for the -800.

Any one else experience this?

SOLVED: For anyone else experiencing this, I used Audacity (sound editor) to add a 500 millisecond silence at the beginning of the 737NoseGearRoll.wav file. This made the nose gear touchdown sync up with the actual touchdown; it worked perfectly for the -600 and -700, but I may have ruined it for the -800.

Any one else experience this?

The problem is the actual nosegear is the last to touch down as the rear gear touches first so im alittle confused my friend.

The problem is the actual nosegear is the last to touch down as the rear gear touches first so im alittle confused my friend.

I feel that my explanation was poor, I'll try to redefine the problem and how I solved it better:

I just installed that PMDG -600 and -700 and immediately noticed the following:

- Main gear touchdown sounds work perfectly and at the right time (-600/700/800/900)

- The nose gear touchdown sound, however, starts to play before my nose gear touches the ground; that is, I hear the "thump" of the nosegear touching down while it's still a few feet in the air

- I fixed this problem by adding a 500 ms silence delay to the beginning of the 737NoseGearGroundRoll.wav file and it fixed my problem

- Since this problem never existed with the -800/900, I probably have screwed up the timing for those plane, but that doesn't bother me

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Regards,

Sam Kharey

I see what you mean now. I can't say i have ever noticed that my friend but i will double check though.

If i get the same i can fix it leave it with me

Steve

Right been awhile now so I thought I would let you know what I will release next in the line of NGX Ehancements.

• I have panned the shutdown internal sound so it now matches the start up sounds as in left and right sounds
  • I have panned the wind sound in the VC so now it is alittle quieter especially for VATSIM Users
  • I have also panned several other internal sounds like packs, Cockpit cooling etc so now it feels more spread around the cabin and has made it alittle quieter for users.
  • I have panned the reverse thrust internal, so now you here left and right engines reverse in the right ear peice

When I installed this package my engine sounds went wild :O A high freq. sound that follows the "spools" from the engine. really annoying! please help

problem solved.... door was open and accufeel simulates open doors.... my bad hah!

Right been awhile now so I thought I would let you know what I will release next in the line of NGX Ehancements.

Sounds great Steve,

Send you a pm.

Thanks

Robert