Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Yeah lease do m8 that would be great thanks kiddo

Also can you do me a favour if you do jumpseat have a listen to see how much bumps are heard on taxiing thanks

I can imagine every airport is different

Stevo

Yes no problem, I'll do that however, lik you mentioned, it'll be different and it also depends on the speed. Jumpseating on United will be a lot different than Southwest Airlines (they taxi very fast)

Reik Namreg

Steve, I tried Various 1 and 2, but I hardly can hear any bumps until about 140-150 knots and most times at that speed I am already in the air. Further, I can't hear the structural noise that was present in previous versions of the nosegeargroundroll file. Is it possible to have the bumps heard already at about 80 knots, as it happens in real life?

I have the sound settings as adviced.

Thank you for your great work!

James Goggi

Steve, I tried Various 1 and 2, but I hardly can hear any bumps until about 140-150 knots and most times at that speed I am already in the air. Further, I can't hear the structural noise that was present in previous versions of the nosegeargroundroll file. Is it possible to have the bumps heard already at about 80 knots, as it happens in real life?

I have the sound settings as adviced.

Thank you for your great work!

I can confirm this, as well.  80 knots seems a bit slow though, in my opinion.  Also, have you yet been able to add a sound for when the nose wheel hits the runway?

Remember that IRL it all depents on if the nosewheel is actually going over the runway centerline lights. Most pilots I have flown with prefer to position the aircraft so that the nosewheel is slightly off centerline to avoid the thumps. I don't mind the thumps, I actually like them.

I find Steve's latest nosewheel sounds to be the most realistic so far. All it needs is the actual cockpit rattle sound that happens when the nose meets the runway on touchdown.

Reik Namreg

Yeah i have fixed the trim for people who prefer it more upfront in sound and the nosewheel is nearly finished i will let you know more on when you can have it maybe tomorrow could be possible.

Steve

Okay guys update. as of 06/09/13

If you remember recently i did a updated version of the Nosewheel Roll for the NGX. A few people have asked if i could add the rattle with that aswell

Answer is yes and here it is - http://www.mediafire.com/?so4srs3aa7bd0cv

REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINALS GUYS !

To install it just replace it with the previous one in the following path - Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Sound / PMDG / 737NGX / VARIOUS ....

There will be a few more things to follow this weekend !

Ok guys this is a updated version of the trim sound for those who thought the previous one was alittle distant in sound around the vc

http://www.mediafire.com/?7kxq3tcco68yrac

Just drop it in the Various folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Sound / PMDG / 737NGX / VARIOUS ....

REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINALS GUYS !