Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Do you have the rattle sound almost ready?

I don't understand. Isn't the rattle already included in the last nose wheel sound?

James Goggi

I don't understand. Isn't the rattle already included in the last nose wheel sound?

Hi James,

No I mean the sound just after takeoff which sometimes is heard !

Like in this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxRJ6b7KL8&feature=player_embedded#t=8

Move movie forward to point 04.17 and also 10.04 to hear the sound just after rotate!

Listen to the sound just after saying rotate in the movie!

This is the soundfile that has to be replaced with the one in the movie ----NoseGearRattle.wav 

You can activate this sound then by making the nose wheel balance failure activated only then you will hear this sound.
FMC
Under Setup/ Aircraft/ Failures/ page 3/4 / Miscellaneous/ Programmed/ page 2/2 

PMDG NoseGearRattle.wav sound is too low and sounds different you can barely hear it!

I would realy like to have this sound because I use Reunion ad/on senery with the Air Austral home base and I like to fly the 737 NGX Aur Austral livery!

Robert

Steve, you did it! The rattling is dead on. I haven't jumpsat in a while but when I do I'll compare but it's dead on as it is. Good job!

• Upvote 1

Reik Namreg

Steve, you did it! The rattling is dead on. I haven't jumpsat in a while but when I do I'll compare but it's dead on as it is. Good job!

Thank you very much

I can confirm this, as well.  80 knots seems a bit slow though, in my opinion.  Also, have you yet been able to add a sound for when the nose wheel hits the runway?

I'm looking into this guys I can only make the soundwav. pmdg made it so the nosewheel sounds around 70 -80 knots up

UPDATE!

I am releasing a new set next week..

Groundroll - Taxi bumps back wheels

Nosewheel - Updated version #4 centre line thuds

Reverse - More accurate reverse bass heard from cockpit and passenger cabin.

Good to hear further improvements are coming.  I've been non-stop flying the T7 but I'll get back to the NGX and testing your sounds soon! B)