Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Guys, me & Joel have joined forces to come up with a few treats for you in regards to Ground roll environment for the NGX.A bit later on today this is where it will all happen in regards instructions and downloads. We are both aware there are already 2 posts about this as that was a mistake because i started out then starting talking to Joel who has done a great Touchdown sound as we know this can be found here .. http://forum.avsim.n...ffect-download/As far as the taxi roll and RW takeoff bumps go we are both working on finishing this tonight and having it ready for you guys to try.This will consist of two files that will be provided and have full instructions on where to place them. Baring in mind to always back up your originals FIRST! You will have a taxi sound that ticks over while your taxiing. then on the main runway you will start to hear a much louder sound kick in at around 70 knots which will give the impression of cockpit shake & rattle on take off this is being tested as we speak & is working. These sounds include mine from Joel's.** I've just dropped the speed brake sound a few dB's a lot deeper now.. We will both keep you posted. We both done this as a realism feature not because we think PMDG missed it out !! Regards Steve & Joel.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

when you will release the second one later today will the taxi roll work for me?, Daniel, btw thanks for your hard work i think i am talking for all of us everyone

when you will release the second one later today will the taxi roll work for me?, Daniel, btw thanks for your hard work i think i am talking for all of us everyone
Yeah we will get you up and running :) Lot of tweaking is always good to get perfection

Yeah we will get you up and running :)Lot of tweaking is always good to get perfection
thank you, Daniel

Well I'm just waiting for Joel to get home from work and message me then we will begin.. Just done a test approach into Athens and many other airports just to make sure its operating right, We all know how add on scenery can be a pain it seems OK so far..

very cool that you both work together. When you´re are finished can you make a file with all sounds in one Download?

everything would be in one package including the former touchdown sound.we also are probably going to offer you few sound files (versions) in the same pack for you guys to pick.

come on!, cant wait hahaim%20Not%20Worthy.gif
LOL guys this is sounding amazing actual sounds like your in one heheheh sorting it over teamspeak with joel

LOL LOL.gifI just finished writing the Installation guide I am sending it for your review now.

Hey guys/girls, as Steve Promised , we are U/L the Sound Pack for the NGX.the Pack contains the Touch Down sound, Taxi roll sound, RW run roll sound and tweaked SpeedBrakes sound, all in one.in the Pack there is also a readme file on what the files are and how to Install.please take a min' reading it, it is very helpful.I want to thank Steve for his amazing work on this miniature Project and spending his entire evening along side with me,editing , tweaking and testing the files in the NGX. without him I wouldn't gone that far on having a such nice sound pack.Kudos Steve.I also want to express my thanks to "Just Planes" that allowed us to use their sounds & share this with you all, they got amazing Video Products of real flights that would definitely enrichyour aviation knowledge. you can visit their Web site at:http://worldairroutes.com/

From: Just Planes [mailto:jpvideos@justplanes.com]Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 04:33 PMTo: Yoel StrikovskySubject: Re: Usage QuestionHello Yoel,That sounds very interesting and yes, you are welcome to use the sound and make it available to others.If you could possibly put the worldairroutes.com website as the credit that would be great.Thanks very much for asking and good luck with this great idea!michel

If you got any questions regarding this pack, do not hesitate contacting either Steve or myself (or both).We love you allSteve & Joel.here are two links which you could obtain the Sound Pack:http://dl.dropbox.co..._Roll_Sound.ziphttp://www.multiupload.com/6WFCNSTLO4

Looking forward to trying this. Might I suggest it would help and be clearer if you bolded the second 2 files in the following part of your readme? -"Copy either PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav or PMDG_737_Touchdown2.wav, (which ever one you prefer) & "PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav" & "PMDG_737_Speedbrake.wav" "