Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

You said the PMDG 50% sound settings is recommended.. could you tell me those settings used in fsx default sounds and the PMDG FMC sound page? Thanks! Trying this out today!-Brandon
Yeah as PMDG recommended 50% FSX and 50% in the FMC on the aircraft m8.Personally i make the ambient sound in the FMC read : 50% to as it is alittle loud for me personally choice all the same

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah as PMDG recommended 50% FSX and 50% in the FMC on the aircraft m8.Personally i make the ambient sound in the FMC read : 50% to as it is alittle loud for me personally choice all the same
Once again, thanks I am loving the sounds. One question, if I make a copy of the nosegeargroundroll.wav file and rename the copy to pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav the sound won't automatically sound louder when viewed through cabin view, correct? If so, how can I make this copy louder as I prefer this sound to the included pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav for the cabin sounds? Thanks.

Once again, thanks I am loving the sounds. One question, if I make a copy of the nosegeargroundroll.wav file and rename the copy to pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav the sound won't automatically sound louder when viewed through cabin view. If so, how can I make this copy louder as I prefer this sound to the included pmdg737ngx_grnd.wav? Thanks.
Ok i think i know what you mean. What me and Joel did was create a spit file one for the back gear and one for the nose. Now you want the nose-gear sound for the slow taxi aswell . but it's not louder enough is that correct.. ?That file would have to be remastered and amped in order for it to play louder in that area my friend,If you listen to the sound via the cabin view they should actually sound louder. give it a try and let me know

Ok i think i know what you mean. What me and Joel did was create a spit file one for the back gear and one for the nose. Now you want the nose-gear sound for the slow taxi aswell . but it's not louder enough is that correct.. ?That file would have to be remastered and amped in order for it to play louder in that area my friend,If you listen to the sound via the cabin view they should actually sound louder. give it a try and let me know
You are correct, it dose sound louder by simply renaming it to the sound that is supposed to play in the cabin view. Thanks Steve, and once again, this package is amazing.

You are correct, it dose sound louder by simply renaming it to the sound that is supposed to play in the cabin view. Thanks Steve, and once again, this package is amazing.
You are totally welcome glad you are enjoying it. There could be updated files coming later with bassier REV from within the cockpitAnyone experienced the nose gear touchdown effect yet as the front gear hits the deck the sound automatically starts to play

You are totally welcome glad you are enjoying it. There could be updated files coming later with bassier REV from within the cockpitAnyone experienced the nose gear touchdown effect yet as the front gear hits the deck the sound automatically starts to play
I do, its awesome!!
Yes Sir
Hey, in tel aviv??

Just tested this and getting the touchdown and high speed runway sounds above 70 knots but I'm not getting the taxitroll sounds in cockpit OR on any wingviews :(

Just tested this and getting the touchdown and high speed runway sounds above 70 knots but I'm not getting the taxitroll sounds in cockpit OR on any wingviews sad.png
It is there and you have to be over 10knots to hear it. besides i have tweaked it today and made it alittle louder so bare with us guys
It is there and you have to be over 10knots to hear it. besides i have tweaked it today and made it alittle louder so bare with us guys
I'll get Joel to up the AMps on it m8

Right i have been working on a way around making optional sounds today. Like this i have tried many different scenarios. Including more shaking & rattling in the cockpit above 70 knots, Improved Taxi sound which is louder. I have also made the interior Reverser's with deep bass to give the impression of power. So when Joel gets on will sort out the downloads if you guy's want to choose which you prefer for your set up .. Kind regards Stevie

Just dropping in to show my appreciation towards you guys work enjoying the new sounds and looking forward to future updates :)Tristan

Just dropping in to show my appreciation towards you guys work enjoying the new sounds and looking forward to future updates :)Tristan
Thank you Tristan..

Hey steve, you see i have the problem that chris has i cant hear, it. hope you will succeed to make it work, thanks for ALLLL of your hard work, rgards Daniel! and im Not Worthy.gif

Hey steve, you see i have the problem that chris has i cant hear, it. hope you will succeed to make it work, thanks for ALLLL of your hard work, rgards Daniel! and im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Ok guys im on to it right now so it's the taxi slow sound your struggling to hear

I'll get Joel to up the AMps on it m8
I AMped it already earlier today , you can find it at your Share box

I AMped it already earlier today , you can find it at your Share box
Yeah i know but they say its not loud enough JoelJoel are we going to upload the new changes

Yeah i know but they say its not loud enough JoelJoel are we going to upload the new changes
I can Amp it a bit more, but if I push the line it would be distorted

I can Amp it a bit more, but if I push the line it would be distorted
See what they say after my tweak from upload