Sign in to follow this  
fogerty

Italy and Canary Island Scenery

Just wondering why these two popular destinations in Europe have been almost untouched by payware scenery designers? I know there is a decent enough freeware scenery add ons for both, but they are getting outdated and could do with new payware scenery. Does anyone know if they are being target by any payware developers? They would sell very well IMO.

Milan Malpensa and all the Canary Islands will be offered by Aerosoft.Milan by an internal developer and Canary Islands by Sim-Wings (a completely new version).I don't know the release date but I would expect it to be somewhere in 2012 (not in the first Q though).No further details or previews are revealed yet, so you must wrap yourself in patience.

Just wondering why these two popular destinations in Europe have been almost untouched by payware scenery designers? I know there is a decent enough freeware scenery add ons for both, but they are getting outdated and could do with new payware scenery. Does anyone know if they are being target by any payware developers? They would sell very well IMO.
According to Virtualli over at FSDT, they don't do Italian airports because they simply do not sell well.DJ

There are very nice ones in the library!. Also a free Canarysim is also available.I dont think you find anything better than that for free. But they are rather good!

I downloaded a commercially available scenery for free only last week. It's Gran Canaria airport by Sim Giants, and for a free download it's awesome! I know it's not the entire island but IMO a very worthy addition to anyone'se scenery libraryhttp://www.sim-giants.com/products.asp?mc=3

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There are very nice ones in the library!. Also a free Canarysim is also available.I dont think you find anything better than that for free. But they are rather good!
Johan is spot on with this. It really is worth looking at.

I downloaded a commercially available scenery for free only last week. It's Gran Canaria airport by Sim Giants, and for a free download it's awesome! I know it's not the entire island but IMO a very worthy addition to anyone'se scenery libraryhttp://www.sim-giant...oducts.asp?mc=3 It appears that this is for FSX only

For Italy search for italian scenery design (ISD). The scenery may have been made a few years ago but it is still very good.And here is some very good non ISD sceneries from ItalyNaples (found at avsim) napulevola_lirn_2006_1.3.zipRimini (found at Flightsim) rimini.zipCatania-Fontana (found on avsim) catania_fontarossa_2006.zipLamezia (found on Flightsim) lica2.zip

Project Canarias 2006 is a wonderful freeware photoscenery and mesh for the entire Canary Islands but only GCLA La Palma is included. All the other airports are stock. Has anyone had any success in adding other airport sceneries that blend in with the photoscenery? It's a spectacular place to fly but once you're airborne you either have to go to a stock airfield (I don't do that anymore - I've been spoiled) or fly a really long over-water flight somewhere else. (And I don't do that anymore as I did it too many times in the real world and it's even more boring on FS!) It would be nice to fly the F1 ATR in Binter colors from GCLA to one of the other airports on the islands. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Yes indeed, all SimWings sceneries do fit rather well with Project Canarias (there are a couple of fixes though necessary to refine the merges which I do not remember but nothing drastically difficult, check the FS9 freeware Walhalla site), I own and use all of them precisely with the F1 Binter ATR along with a weekly flight to Madeira as in real life... Of course as these SimWings add-ons are "old" by FS standards, they are not as detailed as recent releases but it's still much better than stock versions. Regarding La Palma, because I use AES in all these airports, I deleted the Project Canarias GCLA which is better though than the SimWings version in my opinion, shame that AES is not made for this version as well!Happy landings!

Yes indeed, all SimWings sceneries do fit rather well with Project Canarias (there are a couple of fixes though necessary to refine the merges which I do not remember but nothing drastically difficult, check the FS9 freeware Walhalla site), I own and use all of them precisely with the F1 Binter ATR along with a weekly flight to Madeira as in real life... Of course as these SimWings add-ons are "old" by FS standards, they are not as detailed as recent releases but it's still much better than stock versions. Regarding La Palma, because I use AES in all these airports, I deleted the Project Canarias GCLA which is better though than the SimWings version in my opinion, shame that AES is not made for this version as well!Happy landings!
Thanks Jean-ClaudeThe SimWings sceneries were on sale recently and I nearly bought them but wasn't sure if they would fit Project Canarias. I wish I had asked the question earlier as I would have gone ahead. I still may, though as you say they are rather old and not up to current SimWings standards but like almost all other developers, the price stays the same no matter how out of date the product gets. I'm with you on AES though in this case as there are no gates and the terminal parking doesn't require pushback, I will probably stick with the Project Canarias GCLA...Cheers mateIan