Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Can someone explain this problem?

This would be the second time this has happened while running fsx. I will post a screenshot. It appears to be a memory issue or graphic issue. The first time this happened I switched out video cards. Now its happening again. Overheating? I dont think so, the video card doesnt exceed 55C underload in fsx according to Hardware Monitor. Ram? the game runs capped at 3.8GB hasnt crossed the 4.0GB limit. Once this happened I went in to reduce settings, this did not fix the issue, it made it worse. The simulator turned black, but it was still running. Before that the water was gray and the terrain was very low detail. This picture below shows where the problems started. Notice all the switches are blacked out. and the gear arm has vanished.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

no one? I know this question is quite complicated? but if anyone can help. I appreciate it! Perhaps a graphic card driver update will help? Mine is about one update behind the latest one.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

No ideas. I have never had such a problem with my GTX 570, or are you currently using the 5770.

This would be the second time this has happened while running fsx. I will post a screenshot. It appears to be a memory issue or graphic issue. The first time this happened I switched out video cards. Now its happening again. Overheating? I dont think so, the video card doesnt exceed 55C underload in fsx according to Hardware Monitor. Ram? the game runs capped at 3.8GB hasnt crossed the 4.0GB limit. Once this happened I went in to reduce settings, this did not fix the issue, it made it worse. The simulator turned black, but it was still running. Before that the water was gray and the terrain was very low detail. This picture below shows where the problems started. Notice all the switches are blacked out. and the gear arm has vanished.
Double-check you are using HIGHMEMFIX with the correct spelling. Tim

you know what? that was never in my cfg. and Now I believe my gtx 570 was fine. I bet the mem fix was the issue all the way, not the card. because I can run any other game just fine.I also just installed the shader 3 mod as well. Hopefully that wont interfere with REX 2.0

~Spencer Hoefer

yep the memfix fixed the issue. I cant believe I overlooked that. Im back to using the gtx 570 now, and its working fine. Temps are a bit higher under load but not much only about 65Cand the shader mod screwed things up at first so I removed it.

~Spencer Hoefer