Sign in to follow this  
drumsonly2002

Revodrive Raided, faster FSX load times?

I switched from spindle to SSD = worth the performance jump. Hoping the jump from SSD to Revo have the same "a-haa" factor. This guy raided 2 Revo Drives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdvAKm1q0s The numbers he's posted for performance look good. But, does the computer allow that throughput? Would doing this make FSX load times "much" ie a lot faster? A couple of 120GB Revo drives raided seems to me to be a good idea. How fast would FSX load times improve vs standard ssd? All advice much welcomed.

My revodrive boosted my fsx load time to about 35 seconds from a previous 7000rpm of about 4+ minutes.

My revodrive boosted my fsx load time to about 35 seconds from a previous 7000rpm of about 4+ minutes.
A standard SSD will do just fine for FSX.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Uhh too long. My WD 1 TB Caviar Black (Sata 6G, 7200 RPM and 64 Mb cache), takes 28,52 sec to load FSX and 11,02 (just checked with a chronometr) if i do it for second time in the same session...ah, and no RAID, just AHCI mode.Best.Miquel Egea.

Uhh too long. My WD 1 TB Caviar Black (Sata 6G, 7200 RPM and 64 Mb cache), takes 28,52 sec to load FSX and 11,02 (just checked with a chronometr) if i do it for second time in the same session...ah, and no RAID, just AHCI mode.Best.Miquel Egea.
You can't compare my load time to yours when there are a myriad of addons available. I had a ton of extras to load and I was only showing what it reduced my time from, Trustme your WD Black can't compare to a Revo in terms of performance.

You can't compare my load time to yours when there are a myriad of addons available. I had a ton of extras to load and I was only showing what it reduced my time from, Trustme your WD Black can't compare to a Revo in terms of performance.
Yeah, I hope so, because if i have would paid 250€ for the revo with those results, i´d felt very dissapointed. The WD cost 80€.Regards.Miquel Egea.