Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Anyone know what aircraft are used on these Northwest r

Guest BrownDog

I`m going from London gatwick - Minneapolis on Northwest airlines and from Minneapolis to Seattle again on Northwest Airlines. What aircraft are used on these routes?? And is there a chance i may go on an A330?? :)

I doubt the A 330 will be in service anytime soon.....of course you didn't say when you were flying though so if it is a year from now maybe, but not likely. NWA I believe defered dilivery on those due to economic downturn.More than likely you will be on NWA 43 which is a DC-10 non-stop Gatwick to KMSPEnjoy the tripTim

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,There is a little story on the A330's tenths anniversary atAirbus' website in Airbus4U. It mentions that NW will take delivery in 2003.I am a bit of a DC-10 fan myself, why don't you post a littlereflection on your experience once you're back?-Niels Christiansen

Guest BrownDog

Thanks for all your replies. I do love the DC-10s but i heard the A330s have a tv screen on the back of the seat where you can watch several cameras from outside the aircraft, could make the flight slightly more interesting!! Just another quick question, i read this on the FAQ on the Northwest airlines site"Do I have to retrieve my luggage and check-in again for a connecting flight? Generally your luggage can be checked through to your final destination. You won't have to retrieve it between flights unless you are arriving at your first port of entry into the United States. In this case you must claim your luggage and clear U.S. Customs. You can then recheck your luggage to your final destination." I didn`t quite follow this, does this mean i`ll have to check my bags in again at MSP for my flight to Seattle. I heard you can check your bags in at Gatwick and you won`t have to check them in again at your connecting airport.Sorry to sound like a dope but i don`t fly often and i`m still young!! Cheers

Hi,As Jeff indicated, any time you are at a point of entry into a country different from that which you left, you must retrieve your bags and accompany them through a customs check. This also applies when you are resuming domestic travel within that country, Once cleared, you will then most likely be offered an express checkin of bags, which means you may (if like at LAX) be able to check them back in with NWA before you even leave the international terminal.However, if you were at a connecting point in a total domestic trip, your bags would be on-checked for you- you would only see them at your final destination.Welcome to the U.S., I hope you enjoy it here.Bruce.Boulder, CO.